• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • TraderJack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    something to be said to be able to fully support yourself... on your own.
    Yes. It's a wonderful and admirable quality in a human being.

But for a country, expecially one with the present day status and power that the USA enjoys, it's not such a good thing. Like it or not, we're part of a global environment. We need to come to grips with that, and take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves to us. We will be doing business in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, the Far East - everywhere! It's in our national interest to prepare for that, and that means security for our citizens that are there and our business interests that are there.

So, while many say that we have no business bieing the 'worlds policeman', they need to understand that we are not 'over there' to stop the local squabbling, we are there to protect our interests. WE DO BUSINESS THERE! And it's not going to change. It's been set in motion, and it's always going to be a part of our lives.

We just can't quit and go back to the 18th Century! If that were to happen the world would be in turmoil! Every free nation depends on the USA to lead the way. If we QUIT, who will lead?

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Yes. It's a wonderful and admirable quality in a human being.

But for a country, expecially one with the present day status and power that the USA enjoys, it's not such a good thing. Like it or not, we're part of a global environment. We need to come to grips with that, and take advantage of the opportunities that present themselves to us. We will be doing business in Europe, Africa, the Middle East, the Far East - everywhere! It's in our national interest to prepare for that, and that means security for our citizens that are there and our business interests that are there.

So, while many say that we have no business bieing the 'worlds policeman', they need to understand that we are not 'over there' to stop the local squabbling, we are there to protect our interests. WE DO BUSINESS THERE! And it's not going to change. It's been set in motion, and it's always going to be a part of our lives.

We just can't quit and go back to the 18th Century! If that were to happen the world would be in turmoil! Every free nation depends on the USA to lead the way. If we QUIT, who will lead?

Absolutely correct!
    Not to mention, if we don't take care of what is necessary, our kids and grandkids could grow up in a world that would make Jack Bauer's look like a picnic.

Just got Robbed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    I've been a member of the Ron Paul meetup group since last March or April. A couple of my good friends got to go see him speak in Cincy. They met him. They got to film his speech from about 10ft away from Dr. Paul. We went to Iowa over New Year to do some canvassing for him right before the Hawkeye Cauci.

This media blackout has been a joke, however people are being "Awaken.":cheers:

Thickburger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Indianapolis
    it's sad that the media ignores him. or when they do acknowledge his presence it's to ridicule him for not playing the party game. watching the debates with him is frustrating because no one directs any questions towards him and when he does speak they want to cut him short. he has much more patience than i.

TraderJack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    I hate to say it, but you guys are not getting the point about Mr. Paul.

His ideas about being a constitutionalist are great. But he wants to isolate the US from the rest of the world. That just isn't possible for one, and for two, it's really counter productive to everything the US stands for.

The media ignores him because he doesn't have anything good to say. He just want's the US to mind it's own business and ignore the rest of the world. That ain't gonna happen guys!
    He doesn't have any credibility because his ideas are so out of step with reality.

It's good he's still in the race, and he may have some input at the convention, but NO ONE is going to listen to him.
    We are not going back to the 18th Century, PERIOD!

Sorry...

We have bigger fish to fry with the likes of what the dems will bring to the table. Whether it's Hitlery or Hussein, they cannot be allowed to take the White House... Under ANY conditions!

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    I hate to say it, but you guys are not getting the point about Mr. Paul.

His ideas about being a constitutionalist are great. But he wants to isolate the US from the rest of the world. That just isn't possible for one, and for two, it's really counter productive to everything the US stands for.

The media ignores him because he doesn't have anything good to say. He just want's the US to mind it's own business and ignore the rest of the world. That ain't gonna happen guys!
    He doesn't have any credibility because his ideas are so out of step with reality.

It's good he's still in the race, and he may have some input at the convention, but NO ONE is going to listen to him.
    We are not going back to the 18th Century, PERIOD!

Sorry...

We have bigger fish to fry with the likes of what the dems will bring to the table. Whether it's Hitlery or Hussein, they cannot be allowed to take the White House... Under ANY conditions!

He does have many great ideas. Just the one about the war and isolation are not good ideas. I do like his ideas to decrease the size of the federal government.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Sorry...

We have bigger fish to fry with the likes of what the dems will bring to the table. ...they cannot be allowed to take the White House... Under ANY conditions!

Jack, you are absolutely correct here. That cannot be emphasized enough.

But, give the other guys their due. They rightfully think that, if an independent like candidate could make some real ground, it might actually make a difference in the two ruling parties.

I have to be a Republican for one reason - 2nd Amendment rights. That is it. One issue is all that matters. If we, as certified law abiding citizens, cannot be trusted to defend ourselves we have lost it all. We have, at that point, given complete control of our lives to our government. That has a name, it's called tyranny.

I'll take, as icing on the cake, the smaller government and lesser taxes stand of the Republican party. That is not to mention, we have the only realistic foreign policy. However, I hate it that because I have to be a republican, I am thrown into the same category as "right to lifers" and various religious sects.

Maybe one day a Ron Paul like candidate can help better mold our party, but not this time. I'm certainly not a McCain fan. At this time he's the only choice we really have. We just gotta hope the Republicans we vote into congress (we must get back majority) keep him in line.

Thickburger

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 20, 2008
    Indianapolis
    i'm in complete agreement with this. last time i checked, no one appointed the US as "world police". it works for canada and switzerland and other neutral countries.

flame away, i could give a **** less. but i'm discontinuing participation in this thread because i know where it's going. when it comes to politics and religion no one wants to be swayed in their opinions, but they all want to push their beliefs on others.

Just got Robbed

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 3, 2008
    The "isolationist" argument makes me laugh. Why do we NEED troops in over 100 different countries? We can't take care of our OWN country. Why might we need to fight this "war" for another 100 years? You CANNOT and WILL NOT defeat an ideology.

Dr. Paul still wants to trade/visit with other countries. How does that make him an isolationist? IMO, the TRUE isolationists are the one placing sanctions and embargoes on others.

Dr. Paul in '08.

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    The "isolationist" argument makes me laugh. Why do we NEED troops in over 100 different countries? We can't take care of our OWN country. Why might we need to fight this "war" for another 100 years? You CANNOT and WILL NOT defeat an ideology.

Dr. Paul still wants to trade/visit with other countries. How does that make him an isolationist? IMO, the TRUE isolationists are the one placing sanctions and embargoes on others.

Dr. Paul in '08.

Its not fight the war in iraq for 100 years....it would be troops for maybe 100 years...just like we still have troops in Germany and Japan.

turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    That is the point. We don't NEED troops in Germany or Japan. Are there some left over Nazis that plan to take the country over again? How about Japan? Russia has been testing it's limits in the pacific, what if they invaded? We would have many sandy thumbs up our asses then. The point is to protect THIS country. Not westernize a country half a world away.

TraderJack

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 10, 2008
    News: Article
    Sorry for you guys that supported Mr. Paul here on the board, your buds from the other states didn't show up at the polls for him.
    He still feels 'the revolution' is alive and is a long term battle. So maybe you can still feel good about your candidate after all.
    His appeal for grass roots campaigning seems to still ring true with many.

I wish all you Paul supporters the best.

Now we need to concentrate on defeating the democrats!

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    News: Article
    Sorry for you guys that supported Mr. Paul here on the board, your buds from the other states didn't show up at the polls for him.
    He still feels 'the revolution' is alive and is a long term battle. So maybe you can still feel good about your candidate after all.
    His appeal for grass roots campaigning seems to still ring true with many.

I wish all you Paul supporters the best.

Now we need to concentrate on defeating the democrats!

Ditto TraderJack's thoughts.

Good for you all, for being so passionate about your politics. Hopefully, we can all bring that kind of passion to the ballot box in November to preserve our 2nd Amendment rights.

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    Well flame on I would rather have Hitlery in the Whitehouse if it cant be Dr. Paul as I atleast know where she stands and we can get it over with quicker while I am still youong enough to help the cause

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    Well flame on I would rather have Hitlery in the Whitehouse if it cant be Dr. Paul as I atleast know where she stands and we can get it over with quicker while I am still youong enough to help the cause

OK, Ill be glad to light the first match with a little education for you sir.

Go ahead and put Hillary in there. She'll replace the 2-3 retiring Supreme Court judges with super liberal anntigunners. They have a lifetime appointment. How young will you be in fifty years?

It is being said that, even if we win Heller, the court will have 20+ years of Roe Vs Wade type arguments to exactly settle the meaning of the 2nd Amendment or if it will continue to exist as we know it.

SWAMPMASTER

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    Logantucky
    OK, Ill be glad to light the first match with a little education for you sir.

Go ahead and put Hillary in there. She'll replace the 2-3 retiring Supreme Court judges with super liberal anntigunners. They have a lifetime appointment. How young will you be in fifty years?

It is being said that, even if we win Heller, the court will have 20+ years of Roe Vs Wade type arguments to exactly settle the meaning of the 2nd Amendment or if it will continue to exist as we know it.

I understand what you are saying and I dont disagree ,First in 50 years I paln on being long gone dead and in the ground second between the three choices that in reality we have none of them will do us any good.Not even Mccain he is a RINO or a closet democrap.At least with Hitlery we know she is evil and we know that she will send the US into a cess pool faster than the other two will ,In my eyes this allows for for a faster reaction from the masses instead of the slow boil that others will accept from Mccain or Obama all three will send us to the cess pool all I am sayign is lets get it over with and start rebuilding while I am still young enough to help

Top Bottom