• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Sounds like great news to me. The Federal Reserve is getting ready to print $600 billion more by 2nd Qtr 2011 (on top of the 1.7 Trillion they have printed in the past 2 years), and they refuse to let anyone, including Congress to examine their books. They need somebody watching them that's not one of their lackeys.
    The committee has been low key under Rep. Melvin Watts (D-N.C.). His web site says he plans to hold hearings on "equal access by the visually impaired to U.S. coins and currency."

It's safe to say that a Paul chairmanship might be a little more intense.
    :rockwoot:

Ron Paul in charge of Federal Reserve oversight? - On Congress - POLITICO.com

News Headlines

Last edited:

SemperFiUSMC

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 23, 2009
    They couldn't have put anyone better in charge. I hope he gets his full audit now.

Can't wait to watch the hearings on CSpan.

John Galt

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Apr 18, 2008
    Southern Indiana
    The one, single event that would turn this country around would be an independent, full-blown audit of the Fed. The ensuing rage from Americans over the looting and theft that is being allowed would be the catalyst needed to put us back on track. Pain and chaos, sure, but worth it to return to sanity.
    Plain and simple, audit the Fed.

littletommy

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    A holler in Kentucky
    The one, single event that would turn this country around would be an independent, full-blown audit of the Fed. The ensuing rage from Americans over the looting and theft that is being allowed would be the catalyst needed to put us back on track. Pain and chaos, sure, but worth it to return to sanity.
    Plain and simple, audit the Fed.
    +1. I can't add anything to this.

Que

Meekness ≠ Weakness
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98%
    48   1   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Blacksburg
    That's good news. Hopefully, he can spur the country into allowing more people with his ideals to take political offices.

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    I am not even a Ron Paul fan and think this is a good idea. I would expect him to actually do some oversight.

The Bubba Effect

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    May 13, 2010
    High Rockies
    They couldn't have put anyone better in charge. I hope he gets his full audit now.

Can't wait to watch the hearings on CSpan.
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Can't you just imagine Paul pacing back and forth in front of Bernanke, waiving his fist and yelling.
    :popcorn:
    I might have to take a day off just to stay home and watch.

It's a nice kick off for his presidential run.... Just when price inflation is really taking off he can drag the bums in front of the cameras and dress them down on national television.

Panama

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Jul 13, 2008
    Racing Capital
    Personally, I will be saying a few prayers for Rep. Paul's continued health and well being.

We are living in some strange and desperate times.
    I do not think the Fed would allow one man to expose them for what they truly are.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    :laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh::laugh:

Can't you just imagine Paul pacing back and forth in front of Bernanke, waiving his fist and yelling.
    :popcorn:
    I might have to take a day off just to stay home and watch.

It's a nice kick off for his presidential run.... Just when price inflation is really taking off he can drag the bums in front of the cameras and dress them down on national television.

^^^^^THIS! :D :rockwoot:

The ONE good thing so far to come of this election...

Redemption

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 6, 2009
    Personally, I will be saying a few prayers for Rep. Paul's continued health and well being.

We are living in some strange and desperate times.
    I do not think the Fed would allow one man to expose them for what they truly are.
    I thought this same thing. These men will do anything to preserve their hold on power. Ron needs to watch his six.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008

JewfromRussia posted this in the comments:
    Brophy -

We are going in circles, but I am happy for a another chance to explain:

1. This monetization is "good", because it provides support for this languishing economy. Nothing else to add.

2. It is inflationary -- and purposefully so. The whole idea is to accelerate inflation until it reaches that sweet spot of 1.7 to 2.0 percent per annum.

3. What Fed is forced to do today is an indirect consequence of the boom/bust crisis which was greatly exacerbated deficit spending. However, budgets are beyond the Fed's control.

4. I think transparency of the Fed is a horrific idea. Because this transparency is of zero value without being actionable upon. You may only want transparency, i.e. accountability, if you plan to exert some influence on the reporting agency. And this is something that cannot be allowed.

I think Ron Paul is a perverted libertarian, but let's just assume that he is an inflationary hawk. But what if the next congressman to oversee Fed will be an inflationary dove. What are you going to do then?

:scratch:

Expat

Pdub
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Feb 27, 2010
    Michiana
    What, the ones on his head?

2 and 3. Then 4 is certainly debatable and I can see the arguments on both side. The closing paragraph has some humor in it depending on where you are coming from but does have a good warning. I can see a liberal being committee chairman one day and it being a problem.

Top Bottom