• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • turnandshoot4

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2008
    Kouts
    Perhaps the fact that we have been bombing the middle east since George H.W. had gotten them all worked up in a tissy. I'd be mad too.

[ame=http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AD7dnFDdwu0]YouTube - Terrorism: Ron Paul vs. Giuliani @ SC Debate[/ame]

Afghan Taliban say they pose no threat to the West

KABUL (Reuters) – The Afghan Taliban pose no threat to the West but will continue their fight against occupying foreign forces, they said on Wednesday, the eighth anniversary of the U.S.-led invasion that removed them from power.

U.S.-led forces with the help of Afghan groups overthrew the Taliban government during a five week battle which started on October 7, 2001, after the militants refused to hand over al Qaeda leaders wanted by Washington for the September 11 attacks on America.
    "We had and have no plan of harming countries of the world, including those in Europe ... our goal is the independence of the country and the building of an Islamic state," the Taliban said in a statement on the group's website www.shahamat.org.
    "Still, if you (NATO and U.S. troops) want to colonize the country of proud and pious Afghans under the baseless pretext of a war on terror, then you should know that our patience will only increase and that we are ready for a long war."
    U.S. President Barack Obama has said defeating the militants in Afghanistan and Pakistan is a top foreign policy priority and is evaluating whether to send thousands of extra troops to the country as requested by the commander of NATO and U.S. forces.
    In a review of the war in Afghanistan submitted to the Pentagon last month, U.S. General Stanley McChrystal, in charge of all foreign forces, said defeating the insurgents would likely result in failure unless more troops were sent.
    There are currently more than 100,000 foreign troops in the country, roughly two-thirds of who are Americans.
    SAFE HAVEN
    The Taliban statement comes at a time when Western officials warn that deserting Afghanistan could mean a return to power for the Taliban and the country could once again become a safe haven for al Qaeda militants, who could use it as a base to plan future attacks on Western countries.
    The Taliban have made a comeback in recent years, spreading their attacks to previously secure areas. The growing insecurity has further added to the frustration of ordinary Afghans with the West and President Hamid Karzai's government, in power since the Taliban's ouster.
    Since 2001, each year, several thousand Afghans, many of them civilians, have been killed in Afghanistan, with Taliban and al Qaeda leaders still at large despite the rising number of foreign troops.
    In the statement, the Taliban said the U.S. invasion of Afghanistan for its refusal to hand over al Qaeda leaders, was hasty and unjustified. Washington had not given leaders of the movement any proof to show the involvement of al Qaeda in the September 11 attacks, it said.
    Washington was using the so-called war on terror in Afghanistan and in Iraq as part of its expansionist goals in the Middle East, central and southeast Asia, it said.
    It recalled the defeat of British forces in the 19th century and the fate of the former Soviet Union in the 1980s in Afghanistan as a lesson to those nations who have troops in the country.
    Qari Mohammad Yousuf, a spokesman for the Taliban, said the withdrawal of foreign troops was the only solution to a conflict that has grown in intensity and has pushed some European nations to refuse to send their soldiers into battle zones or to speak about a timetable to withdraw from the country.
    Some 1,500 foreign troops have also died in Afghanistan since the Taliban's ouster causing many nations to question the presence of its soldiers in the country and whether stability can ever be achieved eight years after the overthrow of the militants.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Didn't bother reading past your first sentence. It was so void of historical fact that it's clear the post is merely propaganda.

Paco Bedejo

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 23, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    Didn't bother reading past your first sentence. It was so void of historical fact that it's clear the post is merely propaganda.

As is your post, Joe. The only impartial information you presented was the fact that you didn't bother reading the entire post...

"Propaganda is communication aimed at influencing the attitude of a community toward some cause or position. As opposed to impartially providing information, propaganda in its most basic sense, presents information primarily to influence an audience." Propaganda - Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    pious Afghans under the baseless pretext of a war on terror,

Um, wasn't Al Qaeda based in Afghanistan, and didn't George W. Bush give the Taliban an opportunity to turn them over, after they MURDERED over 3,000 of our citizens and destroyed billions of dollars of our property.

And for those of us that feel sorry for the poor unfortunate Taliban, just get in contact with me and I will see if I can arrange passage to your new home and people. :xmad:

MarkR

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indianapolis - West Side
    I watched the video, and agree with Congressman Paul. If there was any "political grandstanding" it was from Rudy Giuliani. Ron Paul is right on a lot of things. I just wish his party would listen to him. The fact that they don't is evidence to me that the Rep. Party is merely part of the "establishment" and is no different than the Dems.

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    If you really want to see evidence of Ron Paul being right go out and pick up a copy of Foreign Policy of Freedom, it covers 30 years of Ron Paul's speeches before congress and you can see how we got into the messes we are currently in.

And Joe both Representative Paul and turnandshoot are correct is citing the reasons given by the perpetrates of those attacks.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    If you really want to see evidence of Ron Paul being right go out and pick up a copy of Foreign Policy of Freedom, it covers 30 years of Ron Paul's speeches before congress and you can see how we got into the messes we are currently in.

And Joe both Representative Paul and turnandshoot are correct is citing the reasons given by the perpetrates of those attacks.

He is playing you and those who believe him for fools. Just like the career politician he is. Crack a history book, for heaven's sake.

Walt_Jabsco

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Feb 5, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Ron Paul is probably the Republican I respect more than any other, if only because he actually holds to actual traditional Republican beliefs about how this country should be run.

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    I didn't know anything Ron Paul until last year. Then a couple months back I picked up his book "The Revolution". I think you should read it if you have any question on his stances. ANd he gives alternitives to those programs he despises. That we despise.

ejscott

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    May 17, 2009
    Hancock Co.- New Palestine
    i am a big ron paul supported. i think he is one of the only congressman/politician that is honest. for awhile he refused to take pay as a congressman. he has a son rand paul that is running for the senate in tenn. shares his dads views. RON PAUL 2012.
    that would be our best choice. befor you pass judgement on him, watch some of his speaches on youtube. remember the true is hard to swallow sometimes. ron paul was in vietnam, what about giuliana?

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    Ron Paul was dead on about Al Qaeda.
    Gullianni is a charlatan (how on earth did any idiot believe that Thompson, Gulliani or McCain were conservative??).
    Most people I came in contact with since 2007 with regards to Dr Ron Paul are woefully ignorant and like to hear themselves talk.
    If people would shut off the idiot box and THINK for themselves...or at least read REAL history books (and not some Reader's Digest version of world affairs), then I might think of hope for this country.

Back to Al Qaeda. (which translates to 'the database')
    With any sort of digging at all, you will find that the US created and trained Al Qaeda.
    Why?
    Because of an ideal that 'the enemy of my enemy is my friend'.
    Al Qaeda was formed up from rag tag freedom fighters in Afghanistan that were then trained on fighting and how to organize in cell groups.
    They were supposed to resist the Russian forces that were moving into Afghanistan.
    It worked.
    Then when the idiot box kept people distracted with tales of sex and scandal during the Clinton years, Clinton's administration then mobilized Al Qaeda to fight in the Bosnia conflict.
    Now that rag-tag group grows larger and more unwieldy.
    That, according to the CIA, is called 'blowback'.
    (which was in the 911 report that Gulliani evidently never had read, since he magically scammered from the command center at the 1st floor of the WTC building moments before it came crashing down).

Ron Paul is a true patriot that works FOR the people, in spite of the corrupt GOP (not so grand after all).
    Just look at all the crap that went on during the primaries.
    That was downright FRAUD by the party to get McCain on the ticket.
    (including not even having enough signatures on his petition to BE ON THE BALLOT in Indiana).

MarkR

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 9, 2008
    Indianapolis - West Side
    Career Politician? He was a practicing physician for over 40 years (he's an ObGyn) that has delivered over 3000 babies. He's one of the few members of Congress that has had a full, life-long career OUTSIDE of politics. He's not a lawyer. He is known in Congress as "Dr. No" because he refuses to support or vote for any bill that falls outside the boundaries of what the Constitution says are federal powers. His compass IS the US Constitution. We need more in Congress like him.
    And to make a correction - Rand Paul is running for US Senate in Kentucky. He is also a practicing physician - he's an Ophthamologist, and he also shares his dad's views of the role of the federal government - AS DEFINED BY THE CONSTITUTION.

wtfd661

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 27, 2008
    North East Indiana
    You didn't watch the video.

Ok, I've now watched the video and it has confirmed for me that Ron Paul is an idiot who doesn't know what he is talking about, especially concerning 9/11 and the middle east. So from what I've heard we should be making nice with the radical muslim murderers (oh, I get it we created them so its our fault :xmad:). Sorry Ron Paul can kiss my :moon:

SavageEagle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 27, 2008
    Ok, I've now watched the video and it has confirmed for me that Ron Paul is an idiot who doesn't know what he is talking about, especially concerning 9/11 and the middle east. So from what I've heard we should be making nice with the radical muslim murderers (oh, I get it we created them so its our fault :xmad:). Sorry Ron Paul can kiss my :moon:

I think you missed it. That's not what he's saying. He's just saying let them be to kill each other, basiclly. He's not saying let's be buddies.

slackerisme

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2009
    Just north of Ft. Wayne
    He is playing you and those who believe him for fools. Just like the career politician he is. Crack a history book, for heaven's sake.

I think if you take a step back from the horrific incidents of 9/11 and separate the part of you that wants vengeance for the attack (IMO we should have glass plated the entire ME), Ron is right. The founders wanted us to stay out of other peoples business unless it regarded trade or defense. The Constitution makes no allowment for or money to be used for the "general welfare" of the rest of the world, yet we poor monies and time into it...:twocents:

homeless

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    indy
    The point is that we need to move to a "Foreign Policy of Nothing", I don't mean that we should be isolationistic, but we should certainly move to nonintervention as a rule.

Lets look at it this way; Al Queda got upset with us because we hung them out to dry after we helped to create them. Then they got pissed when we started messing around in the affairs of governments they were supportive of.

So had we not been meddling in the affairs of the world, first Al Queda would never have existed, however if a similar group had sprung up, they wouldn't have had a problem with us when we didn't do anything in their back yard.

Now I don't think that we need to go kiss and make up with Iraq or Afghanistan or even try to make nice with Al Queda. We should have never started those conflicts, but we also cannot abandon them now. We need to stabilize Iraq and Afghanistan, not rebuild them, but stabilize the new government. Then we pull out, not just out of the region, but we need to shut down every US base that isn't within our borders or territories.

-Now you finally have something radical that you can't say is stupid, instead of trying to just dismiss this thread with a sentence that has no reason or argument.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    People who think that Al Queada was founded merely to remove the US from the Middle East show themselves to be ignorant of history, of the organization, of why it was actually founded, and of what their goals actually are.

Their goals are NOT to remove the US from the Middle East. It is, in their own words, to plant the Muslim flag in the capitols of every nation on earth. They are engaged in another Crusade (ACTUAL history is that the Crusades were started by Muslims when they set out to force their ideology on the rest of the world) and intend to spread Islam to the world, by force if need be. At least that's what Al Queada says.... maybe pacifists and isolationists should listen to what our enemy says. They fought us long before we fought back, and they'll fight us if we stop fighting them unless and until we submit to Islam.

teknickle

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 4, 2009
    God's Country
    People who think that Al Queada was founded merely to remove the US from the Middle East show themselves to be ignorant of history, of the organization, of why it was actually founded, and of what their goals actually are.
    :ugh:
    Before you teach us a history lesson, we are not talking about a Mexican cheese dish. (is that short for quesadilla?). The word is colloquial Arabic and is Qaida (or for phonetic equivalent: Qaeda )

It is NOT a religious group(don't get confused with Taliban). But for those who don't want to look into it, I include a short history below.

Their goals are NOT to remove the US from the Middle East. It is, in their own words, to plant the Muslim flag in the capitols of every nation on earth. They are engaged in another Crusade (ACTUAL history is that the Crusades were started by Muslims
    Who exactly are you talking about?
    What is your source? Faux News??
    Look, the group you are talking about is called 'Q eidat ilmu'ti'aat'. It literally translates to the English word 'database'.
    (Arabs shorten it to Al Qaida-- 'base').
    The database encompasses all of the Islamic Conference's states, countries and groups (of which, some are considered terrorist threats--but not ALL).

Robin Cook was UK Foreign Secretary.
    Before he died, he reported to the House of Commons this:
    "The truth is, there is no Islamic army or terrorist group called Al Qaida. And any informed intelligence officer knows this. But there is a propaganda campaign to make the public believe in the presence of an identified entity representing the 'devil' only in order to drive the 'TV watcher' to accept a unified international leadership for a war against terrorism. The country behind this propaganda is the US and the lobbyists for the US war on terrorism are only interested in making money."

Sure, it is easier to paint a sweeping picture of an Arab and through a campaign of hate and lies, the media wants you to HATE everyone in the Middle East.

Like Ron Paul said, 'They don't hate us because we are FREE...they Hate us because we are over THERE'.
    EXPLAIN TO ME 1953 AND IRAN. Who created a coupe to overthrow their democratically elected government? and why (British Petroleum)?
    No I didn't watch the YouTube clip, but I watched it when it aired and recognized the discernment and truth the Ron Paul spoke. DESPITE it not winning him any friends.
    All the others were shills that pan handled to the masses, spoonfeeding them the crap they wanted to hear.

"The men the American people admire most extravagantly are the greatest liars; the men they detest most violently are those who try to tell them the truth."
    H.L. Mencken

And for the record, I don't believe that there were EVER any weapons of mass-destruction that the US did not provide to Iraq.

If I am wrong, then show some FACTS with SOURCES.
    This partisan crap from the Faux News talking points is for the stupid and foolish.

Top Bottom