• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    In those few primary states that do not require this then a legislative fix is easy to do, one cannot do this in a caucus. Caucuses are inherently unfair in this regard.

I'll take Iowa for the block and the win.

It was not the media. The GOP realized that the caucuses are a disaster that is why the GOP Chairman in Iowa resigned and proposals in other caucus states to replace them with a primary.

Why bother with a caucus or primary either way? The parties will clearly change the rules as they go along to insure their candidates win. Ron Paul never had a chance. They downplayed his results so as to discourage future primary/caucus voters from voting for him.

TheRude1

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jun 15, 2012
    INDY
    Does nothing but help the big 0
    He will never be elected to jack
    If he was in his thirtys he may have a chance later in life but its too late for him and he should stop

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Why bother with a caucus or primary either way?

The GOP certainly deserves comments such as this.

Their handling of the caucuses was a complete disaster and has made new potential allies into skeptics.

My argument, horn, is that with a primary there are fewer opportunities for insider manipulations.

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Does nothing but help the big 0
    He will never be elected to jack
    If he was in his thirtys he may have a chance later in life but its too late for him and he should stop

You're right. We shouldn't have candidates that actually represent our views. Our choices should be statist 1 and statist 2.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 3, 2010
    In a cornfield
    In those few primary states that do not require this then a legislative fix is easy to do, one cannot do this in a caucus. Caucuses are inherently unfair in this regard.
    So we are now suggesting that we need more government regulation of private clubs? :D

I'll take Iowa for the block and the win.
    Just don't botch the press release and make sure you are saying "win" based on the actual definition of "win" because it's embarrassing when you get it wrong.

It was not the media. The GOP realized that the caucuses are a disaster that is why the GOP Chairman in Iowa resigned and proposals in other caucus states to replace them with a primary.
    The chairman resigned because he fumbled the ball on this...

Last edited:

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    The GOP certainly deserves comments such as this.

Their handling of the caucuses was a complete disaster and has made new potential allies into skeptics.

My argument, horn, is that with a primary there are fewer opportunities for insider manipulations.

Staggering them for months is manipulation. Exit polls are manipulation. More credence is given to a media exit poll than the actual vote count. With the Indiana GOP convention shenanigans, it's clear that Paul never had a snowballs chance in hell of ever winning the repub nomination. And people here are wondering why us small l libertarians are tired of hearing the third party won't work, you must try to reform the repub party garbage.

Don't cry to me about my third party vote this fall after Obama wins. Cry to the corrupt GOP.

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Assume arguendo that the situation is reversed. Say Paul originally won and then a delegate election gave us Gingrich.

Then the winner would be Gingrich.

The nomination is the goal, the delegates are the requirements to achieve that goal, the popular vote is the means of securing those requirements in primary states.

In caucus states, the popular vote in the primary doesn't really mean anything, except to the media.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    As I said then,

With respect, I disagree as to the characterization. The delegate election proves that the caucus system is . . . less than optimal. Put aside my numerous objections to the caucus system, we now have a third winner of Iowa. It undercuts the election and robs it of any authority it may have carried within the party.

Paul's campaign manipulated the caucus system and it is crashing down around his ears. This was utter nonsense and now people are heading to prison for their Paulian cheating:

Former Paul Operative Indicted In Payoff 'Scheme' To Win Iowa Caucuses : It's All Politics : NPR

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    The Republican Party is concerned about "voter fraud" but Ron Paul is doing something about it!:laugh:

So much for the purity testing aboard the USS Paul.

Ivory_Soap.jpg

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Remember me? I'm your United States Attorney. And your purity does not trump laws against fraud, even if you are pure.

7fdwqefwietnnk.jpg

Between this and the horse hide stand drawing I have to say your posts today have been funner than looking at an 1870's Harper's or a 1930's Sears Roebuck Catalog...Where are you finding this stuff????

It makes you wonder what the folks modeling these ads careers ended up being??? Like I wonder what this pretty blonde model went on to do??? Soap operas??? Hollywood???? Church Socials???? A spokesperson for feminism??? You just never know...

Ivory%252520Snow%252520Box%252520with%252520Marilyn%252520Chambers-8x6.jpg

Last edited:

Libertarian01

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 12, 2009
    Fort Wayne
    If this was illegal activity it should be punished.

What I am failing to see, on the surface, is what was illegal?

An employee of a competitor is very skilled. I want him. I offer him more money than he is currently making to come work for me. I could even offer him the same pay with a "signing bonus." All of which is legal. I guess I am not following the legal conflict here.

Regards,

Doug

Thor

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 18, 2014
    Could be anywhere
    It makes you wonder what the folks modeling these ads careers ended up being??? Like I wonder what this pretty blonde model went on to do??? Soap operas??? Hollywood???? Church Socials???? A spokesperson for feminism??? You just never know...

Ummmm,ah, err, I believe you will find her listed elsewhere as Marilyn Chambers...or so I've heard. So, a spokesperson for feminism!

Top Bottom