Ron Paul would be the only voice of reason and common sense added to the whole GOP?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Couldn't disagree more without hijacking this thread. :hijack:

Lots of Ron Paul supporters in gun circles, might even be a few here...
    Are you saying you disagree with the fact that Ron Paul would be the only voice of reason and common sense added to the whole GOP?

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Are you saying you disagree with the fact that Ron Paul would be the only voice of reason and common sense added to the whole GOP?

Start a new thread, ask that same question and I will answer it.

This one is about Biden and the fact that according to him, I am an "unsupervised clown" in need of another of his AWB's.

(Don't mean to upset you, I live in fear of mods and the :rules: - actually, I just hate having my threads jacked so I don't like to do it to others...)

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg
    Ron Paul is pretty good, i like his libertarianism (if that is a word :):), but he wants the U.S. to be isolationist. In today's world we cannot be isolationist. But that definitely wouldn't stop me from voting for him over most candidates.

:patriot:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Thanks Scutter01!

As for Ron Paul, do I find him to be unique in the GOP lineup this time around? Yes I do!

Why? Because he is the only one who is serious about Constitutionality of government. I am no happier with the GOP of the last 6 years than I am the Dems. Both parties are interested in larger gov't, increased "security requirements" at home, and a general eating away at the bill of rights under the banner of "9/11 changed everything".

Ron Paul, while close to being a nut, is the only one in the lineup that has been completely consistent in his positions, and called for a rolling back of intrusions on the Bill of Rights itself. Heck, he's the only one pointing out the Constitutional fact that a war needs to be declared by Congress to be Constitutional (no matter if you are for or against it).

Would I want the guy to run the country for 8 years? Probably not. But for 4? Yeah. He would be the perfect tool to undo much of the damage done to the Constitution by both parties. And that comes from someone who disagrees with several of his platform positions. I would be willing to trade off a few things in order to repair our Bill of Rights. Why? Because without those repairs, lord help us when someone really bad ends up in office.

All of those "new"/"regained"/"assumed" powers that the executive office has taken of late will potentially be in the hands of Obama & Biden. If they do not like some gun rights bill, maybe they will just use a "signing agreement" to ignore it. Or maybe they will just track phone info (not content) to know who is buying crates of ammo in case they are "terrorists". Heck, be a pain to earn a place on the "watch list" because of your anti-government activities and take 10 years to find out the problem is that you joined the JPFO. Oh, wait, you aren't allowed to know why you are on the list and there is no appeals process.

I could go on and on here...

JetGirl

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    May 7, 2008
    N/E Corner
    Start a new thread, ask that same question and I will answer it.

This one is about Biden and the fact that according to him, I am an "unsupervised clown" in need of another of his AWB's.

(Don't mean to upset you, I live in fear of mods and the :rules: - actually, I just hate having my threads jacked so I don't like to do it to others...)
    Wasn't necessarily trying to start a whole new thing... I was more or less making sure whether it was a misunderstanding and you actually were in agreement, but things were worded too oddly.
    i like his libertarianism (if that is a word :):),
    It absolutely is.

Thanks Scutter01!

As for Ron Paul, do I find him to be unique in the GOP lineup this time around? Yes I do!

Why? Because he is the only one who is serious about Constitutionality of government. I am no happier with the GOP of the last 6 years than I am the Dems. Both parties are interested in larger gov't, increased "security requirements" at home, and a general eating away at the bill of rights under the banner of "9/11 changed everything".

Ron Paul, while close to being a nut, is the only one in the lineup that has been completely consistent in his positions, and called for a rolling back of intrusions on the Bill of Rights itself. Heck, he's the only one pointing out the Constitutional fact that a war needs to be declared by Congress to be Constitutional (no matter if you are for or against it).

Would I want the guy to run the country for 8 years? Probably not. But for 4? Yeah. He would be the perfect tool to undo much of the damage done to the Constitution by both parties. And that comes from someone who disagrees with several of his platform positions. I would be willing to trade off a few things in order to repair our Bill of Rights. Why? Because without those repairs, lord help us when someone really bad ends up in office.

All of those "new"/"regained"/"assumed" powers that the executive office has taken of late will potentially be in the hands of Obama & Biden. If they do not like some gun rights bill, maybe they will just use a "signing agreement" to ignore it. Or maybe they will just track phone info (not content) to know who is buying crates of ammo in case they are "terrorists". Heck, be a pain to earn a place on the "watch list" because of your anti-government activities and take 10 years to find out the problem is that you joined the JPFO. Oh, wait, you aren't allowed to know why you are on the list and there is no appeals process.

I could go on and on here...
    OK, so what are you actually disagreeing with me about?:dunno:

techres

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    OK, so what are you actually disagreeing with me about?:dunno:

Oops! :n00b:

I should stay away from internet sites when I am under the weather. It is too hard for me to misread a line and go off on a rant. In my work there is a lot of skimming and I sometimes read too quickly as a habit, it is worse when I have a cold.

I wish I could crawl back under the sheets instead of being at work. That would be if I got sick leave or had decent health care. Maybe we should nationalize it?

(Just tossing something in to make the thread worth reading wether I believe it or not! :popcorn: )

Glad we see eye to eye.

Sorry.

But while we are here: what are your plans for voting? A Biden VP ups the stakes big time and so far we do not know McCain's choice (if he chooses Guliani can we seeceed?), but with Biden this state is gonna go Red with or without my vote.

Annie, what are your plans?

Paul

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 16, 2008
    Brownsburg

Would I want the guy to run the country for 8 years? Probably not. But for 4? Yeah. He would be the perfect tool to undo much of the damage done to the Constitution by both parties. And that comes from someone who disagrees with several of his platform positions. I would be willing to trade off a few things in order to repair our Bill of Rights. Why? Because without those repairs, lord help us when someone really bad ends up in office

:yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway::yesway: 10 thumbs up!

Top Bottom