• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • IndyDave1776

Grandmaster
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Jan 12, 2012
    If you read discussions from the left, they say that a vote for anyone other than Obama is a vote for Romney.
    If you read discussions from the right, they say that a vote for anyone other than Romney is a vote for Obama.

If you read discussions from Libertarians, we say that a vote for either of the two will basically result in the same thing, so why would we want to continue down the same path that has failed us time and time again?

The only way this failed system is going to actually change is if we do not vote for the same flawed policies coming from the left and right.

You mean doing the same thing and expecting different results doesn't work? What kind of snake oil are you trying to sell us?

mydoghasfleas

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Nov 19, 2011
    Undisclosed
    If you read discussions from the left, they say that a vote for anyone other than Obama is a vote for Romney.
    If you read discussions from the right, they say that a vote for anyone other than Romney is a vote for Obama.

If you read discussions from Libertarians, we say that a vote for either of the two will basically result in the same thing, so why would we want to continue down the same path that has failed us time and time again?

The only way this failed system is going to actually change is if we do not vote for the same flawed policies coming from the left and right.

Indeed.
    Instead of debating if we should be going in the fast lane, or the slow lane of the same highway which we all agree is going to hell is no choice.
    I want to change roads.

Classic Liberal

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Apr 12, 2012
    You mean doing the same thing and expecting different results doesn't work? What kind of snake oil are you trying to sell us?

This kind... ;)

1346030432101.jpg

Lex Concord

Not so well-known member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    26   0   0
    Dec 4, 2008
    Morgan County
    Ok, it's late and I'm tired - but you lost me on this one. Help.

It seemed you were making the point (in response to rambone's image) that, since Rand spoke, it was as if Ron spoke. If that's the case, I disagree. If not, I have no point.

I referenced Bush and Kennedy tongue in cheek; implying that any one of them could effectively speak for the other, as opposed to Ron v. Rand.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish
    Americans were so tired of crony capitalism and B.S. nation building, they were willing to over look all of obamas crap when presented with bush 2.0 (mcAmnesty).

Now in 2012 we have obama and white obama. Don't be surprised.

Ron Paul took an Oath. Don't be surprised he is honoring his Oath by not endorsing a traitor.

Wow. read what he said. I don't FULLY endorse him. That implies that he is partially endorsing him. Endorsing him with reservation. Why? Because he knows that Romney is the lesser of of the evils and the only person who stands a chance to beat Obama. He votes for Romney. Very few people FULLY endorse any candidate ever. But RP knows that Romney is better than Obama so he gives him a partial endorsement. Yout guys kill me. Your own hero is voting for Romney LMAO.

ViperJock

Master
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Feb 28, 2011
    Fort Wayne-ish

Haha. Nice graphic. Funny graphics don't change reality. Neither of us really knows how he will vote. You automatically trust him. I automatically think he is a pragmatist. Explain to me, why he stays on the (R) ballot. You people ascribe him the unyielding uncompromising short sightedness you see in yourselves. He is a politician.

Last edited:

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    Haha. Nice graphic. Funny graphics don't change reality. Neither of us really knows how he will vote. You automatically trust him. I automatically think he is a pragmatist. Explain to me, why he stays on the (R) ballot. You people ascribe him the unyielding uncompromising short sighted was you see in yourselves. He is a politician.

Different than any politician,at least according to the tribute the Republicans presented at the convention yesterday.Link to the tribute.
    http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=qZ1aXD3_cVw

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    If I was a Football Coach in a game where it was the 4th quarter with 5 seconds left on the clock, down by 4 points and it was 4th and Goal from the 1 yard line.............................I would tell Johnson, I love ya Gary but I am giving the ball to Romney on this one.

There is a difference between wanting to win and winning.

RP will hold his nose and vote for Romney because he cut a deal. That is why Ron Jr. was on the podium. RP may not fully endorse the nominee but he wants his 15 minutes on the stage with him.

After winning the game I would take Gary aside and tell him, I love his attitude but I am going to hire Condy Rice to teach Ron Jr. how to run with the ball (AKA how to give a great speech when it really matters most because clearly he can't) but that he was welcome to stay on the second string.

Then if Gary had a true desire, he would find a way to advance his own party and coach his own team. Go from second string player to Coach because he is not a first string level player.

Right now I think you have to go General Patton, make the other dumb bastards die first. Then try to hold on to SCOTUS then try to get more parties up and running in this country at the Congressional level. You can't skip Congress and win the White House without influence.

We are so close to a one party system it is absolutely terrifying, but we are not there yet.

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    If I was a Football Coach in a game where it was the 4th quarter with 5 seconds left on the clock, down by 4 points and it was 4th and Goal from the 1 yard line.............................I would tell Johnson, I love ya Gary but I am giving the ball to Romney on this one.

There is a difference between wanting to win and winning.

RP will hold his nose and vote for Romney because he cut a deal. That is why Ron Jr. was on the podium. RP may not fully endorse the nominee but he wants his 15 minutes on the stage with him.

After winning the game I would take Gary aside and tell him, I love his attitude but I am going to hire Condy Rice to teach Ron Jr. how to run with the ball (AKA how to give a great speech when it really matters most because clearly he can't) but that he was welcome to stay on the second string.

Then if Gary had a true desire, he would find a way to advance his own party and coach his own team. Go from second string player to Coach because he is not a first string level player.

Right now I think you have to go General Patton, make the other dumb bastards die first. Then try to hold on to SCOTUS then try to get more parties up and running in this country at the Congressional level. You can't skip Congress and win the White House without influence.

We are so close to a one party system it is absolutely terrifying, but we are not there yet.
    168 men.That is who will forever decide who the Republican candidate for president will be.You have zero say in the matter.It may as well be a one party system at this point.Read both pages before you disagree....
    Link. https://www.indianagunowners.com/fo...egates_bus_ride_rule_16_12_and_40_pass-2.html

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I already read that. I plan to ask my Rep about it, Paul Ryan, but the simple fact is he and Romney have won.

Great line used by war time aviators. First win the war, aviate navigate communicate.

There is a war going on, it is called the Election and the major Battle is drawing close. You don't stop flying, you don't get caught up in where you are on the map and if your radios are out, you take the kill shot and discuss it later.

Rule 16 and how we navigate the future comes after the election. It is better to communicate as winners, rather than losers. RP's stock goes up with a Republican win. It goes down if the Dems win again. Which do you prefer in the near future?

smokingman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Nov 11, 2008
    Indiana
    I already read that. I plan to ask my Rep about it, Paul Ryan, but the simple fact is he and Romney have won.

Great line used by war time aviators. First win the war, aviate navigate communicate.

There is a war going on, it is called the Election and the major Battle is drawing close. You don't stop flying, you don't get caught up in where you are on the map and if your radios are out, you take the kill shot and discuss it later.

Rule 16 and how we navigate the future comes after the election. It is better to communicate as winners, rather than losers. RP's stock goes up with a Republican win. It goes down if the Dems win again. Which do you prefer in the near future?

To win the war you need to remember what you are fighting for.
    I will never vote the lesser of two evils again.I know what I am fighting for.

Top Bottom