• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    To show miracles do happen, Rush Limbaugh mentioned this speech, and quoted Dr. Paul favorably.

Wish I could remember what the quote was now.

Funny, because when Ron Paul was peaking in the polls, Limbaugh was attacking him like crazy. He said that Ron Paul was destroying the Republican Party and should run as a Democrat. When Limbaugh and other "conservatives" had a chance to do something positive, they helped destroy the only non-statist candidate in the race. I won't forget that.

rat-man

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2012
    where the work is
    People with real answers are always ignored in our society,because real change makes everyone uncomfortable...

agreed ^^^

"A return to first principles in a republic is sometimes caused by the simple virtues of one man. His good example has such an influence that the good men strive to imitate him and the wicked are ashamed to lead a life so contrary to his example."

~ Niccolo Machiavelli

sepe

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jun 15, 2010
    Accra, Ghana
    Funny, because when Ron Paul was peaking in the polls, Limbaugh was attacking him like crazy. He said that Ron Paul was destroying the Republican Party and should run as a Democrat. When Limbaugh and other "conservatives" had a chance to do something positive, they helped destroy the only non-statist candidate in the race. I won't forget that.

Rush had probably snorted a few dozen oxycontin before speaking favorably of Dr. Paul. We must not forget his chronic substance abuse issues since many of his loyal listeners wouldn't ever forget if a politician happened to smoke a joint or two back in college.

bart2278

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 2, 2011
    I couldn't listen long enough to hear him stumble through his speech. Have you seen the guy?! He needs to find a tailor. His suit was way too big. His eyebrows are obviously fake and his hair looked like dog :poop:.

I'd take progressive Guy Smiley over Grandpa Crazy Constitution any day.

Everything you said was ancillary. What did he say that you disagree with?

hornadylnl

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 19, 2008
    Everything you said was ancillary. What did he say that you disagree with?

The_Sarcasm_Misunderstanding_by_ThePlotThinnens.jpg

HeadlessRoland

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 8, 2011
    In the dark
    Perhaps the last true Statesman America has left. Still, it's excellent to see people lik Kerry Bentivolio and Justin Amash making progress in the House. If only Liberty-minded candidates could take and sweep both houses, then that would be a day to see.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Ron Paul's questions:

1. Why are sick people who use medical marijuana put in prison?

2. Why does the federal government restrict the drinking of raw milk?

3. Why can’t Americans manufacturer rope and other products from hemp?

4. Why are Americans not allowed to use gold and silver as legal tender as mandated by the Constitution?

5. Why is Germany concerned enough to consider repatriating their gold held by the FED for her in New York? Is it that the trust in the U.S. and dollar supremacy beginning to wane?

6. Why do our political leaders believe it’s unnecessary to thoroughly audit our own gold?

7. Why can’t Americans decide which type of light bulbs they can buy?

8. Why is the TSA permitted to abuse the rights of any American traveling by air?

9. Why should there be mandatory sentences – even up to life for crimes without victims – as our drug laws require?

10. Why have we allowed the federal government to regulate commodes in our homes?

11. Why is it political suicide for anyone to criticize AIPAC ?

12. Why haven’t we given up on the drug war since it’s an obvious failure and violates the people’s rights? Has nobody noticed that the authorities can’t even keep drugs out of the prisons? How can making our entire society a prison solve the problem?

13. Why do we sacrifice so much getting needlessly involved in border disputes and civil strife around the world and ignore the root cause of the most deadly border in the world-the one between Mexico and the US?

14. Why does Congress willingly give up its prerogatives to the Executive Branch?

15. Why does changing the party in power never change policy? Could it be that the views of both parties are essentially the same?

16. Why did the big banks, the large corporations, and foreign banks and foreign central banks get bailed out in 2008 and the middle class lost their jobs and their homes?

17. Why do so many in the government and the federal officials believe that creating money out of thin air creates wealth?

18. Why do so many accept the deeply flawed principle that government bureaucrats and politicians can protect us from ourselves without totally destroying the principle of liberty?

19. Why can’t people understand that war always destroys wealth and liberty?

20. Why is there so little concern for the Executive Order that gives the President authority to establish a "kill list," including American citizens, of those targeted for assassination?

21. Why is patriotism thought to be blind loyalty to the government and the politicians who run it, rather than loyalty to the principles of liberty and support for the people? Real patriotism is a willingness to challenge the government when it’s wrong.

22. Why is it is claimed that if people won’t or can’t take care of their own needs, that people in government can do it for them?

23. Why did we ever give the government a safe haven for initiating violence against the people?

24. Why do some members defend free markets, but not civil liberties?

25. Why do some members defend civil liberties but not free markets? Aren’t they the same?

26. Why don’t more defend both economic liberty and personal liberty?

27. Why are there not more individuals who seek to intellectually influence others to bring about positive changes than those who seek power to force others to obey their commands?

28. Why does the use of religion to support a social gospel and preemptive wars, both of which requires authoritarians to use violence, or the threat of violence, go unchallenged? Aggression and forced redistribution of wealth has nothing to do with the teachings of the world great religions.

29. Why do we allow the government and the Federal Reserve to disseminate false information dealing with both economic and foreign policy?

30. Why is democracy held in such high esteem when it’s the enemy of the minority and makes all rights relative to the dictates of the majority?

31. Why should anyone be surprised that Congress has no credibility, since there’s such a disconnect between what politicians say and what they do?

foszoe

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    24   0   0
    Jun 2, 2011
    They are all good questions and I believe I know the point he is making with most of them, but I don't really think, off the cuff here, this country or any other was set up to simply trust the will of the people, but place the governance in the more elite classes (those who were successful in business, literate, educated). That's why we have checks and balances among the elite in the branches of government and I wonder if the electoral college is a check on the will of the masses in case the masses were ever "wrong". I agree with the philosophy that it spreads the wealth around among the states in national elections but I wonder if that is the sole purpose?

adam

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    47   0   0
    Apr 20, 2011
    Noblesville
    I believe it was John Adams that said the rich elite should be in the Senate and the House should be filled with elected commonfolk, so that each can check each other. However, I have a terrible memory and haven't read his biography in awhile.

They are all good questions and I believe I know the point he is making with most of them, but I don't really think, off the cuff here, this country or any other was set up to simply trust the will of the people, but place the governance in the more elite classes (those who were successful in business, literate, educated). That's why we have checks and balances among the elite in the branches of government and I wonder if the electoral college is a check on the will of the masses in case the masses were ever "wrong". I agree with the philosophy that it spreads the wealth around among the states in national elections but I wonder if that is the sole purpose?

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 5, 2011
    The answer to all of those questions:

People are stupid and have chosen to be babysat by their government from cradle to the grave. All else follows from that simple point.

octalman

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 30, 2010
    Dr. Paul provides great material for sound bites and the accolyte cheering section falling in lock step agreement. He asks good questions. Many things he says sound good when dispensed in sound bite chunks. However, as the old commercial asks "Where's the Beef". He admits in 25 years no legistlation with his name on it. Is that supposed to be a badge of honor? Why did he stay for so long if the system is so corrupt there was no chance any of his ideas would be adopted?

American Empire? Pre-emptive Wars? Violation of International Law? How are vague statements containing those phrases any different than "Hope and Change". It is all smoke and mirrors so each listener can attach their own meaning and create a fantasy that a candidate will remove whatever burden the listener feels. Take note I said "feels". Too much touchy-feely and not enough fact. There is too much undertone with Dr. Paul that the US is the problem in the world. If only we left everyone else along, they would become our best friends. Hunger would cease, Despots and dictators would vanish, the oceans would calm, and we could all live as one.

It is interesting how in one breath he complains about BIG government taking away individual liberty and in the next breath complains the US is in violation of International Law. BIG US Government - BAD! BIGGER International Government - GOOD. Seems like an oxymoron.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    If only we left everyone else along, they would become our best friends. Hunger would cease, Despots and dictators would vanish, the oceans would calm, and we could all live as one.

Who made America in charge of ending world hunger, vanishing all world despots and dictators, calming the oceans, and causing everyone to be at peace? Talk about a strawman argument! It isn't the United States' job to fix every bloody problem around the world.

How about this radical statement: If the USA left everyone else alone, the world would continue to spin and life would go on. Trillions of dollars could have been spared by our country avoiding countless foreign adventures.

poptab

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 12, 2012
    Dr. Paul provides great material for sound bites and the accolyte cheering section falling in lock step agreement. He asks good questions. Many things he says sound good when dispensed in sound bite chunks. However, as the old commercial asks "Where's the Beef". He admits in 25 years no legistlation with his name on it. Is that supposed to be a badge of honor? Why did he stay for so long if the system is so corrupt there was no chance any of his ideas would be adopted?

American Empire? Pre-emptive Wars? Violation of International Law? How are vague statements containing those phrases any different than "Hope and Change". It is all smoke and mirrors so each listener can attach their own meaning and create a fantasy that a candidate will remove whatever burden the listener feels. Take note I said "feels". Too much touchy-feely and not enough fact. There is too much undertone with Dr. Paul that the US is the problem in the world. If only we left everyone else along, they would become our best friends. Hunger would cease, Despots and dictators would vanish, the oceans would calm, and we could all live as one.

It is interesting how in one breath he complains about BIG government taking away individual liberty and in the next breath complains the US is in violation of International Law. BIG US Government - BAD! BIGGER International Government - GOOD. Seems like an oxymoron.

Its clear you have never actually listened to Ron Paul speak.
    He is one of the few statesman who actually put substance in his speech. He has warned us for 30 years what is happening and is going to happen and how to fix it. No one listened, at least not enough people did anyway.

I can go into specifics ad nauseam but I will just do one here. He has repeatedly warned us of the dangers of fiat currency and dollar hegemony. Specific dangers he pointed out are government expansion, inflation, and market bubbles. He even predicted the housing market bubble.
    He also showed us an alternative to fiat currency. Namely sticking to what the constitution spells out as legal tender. Gold and silver coin.

If you call that a platitude then everything is a platitude and platitude ceases to be a useful word.

Top Bottom