• ...and so much more!
  • rkba_net

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2008
    Ronald McDonald House Sporting Clays Shoot

http://www.rmh-indiana.org/sporting_clays.html

The Wild, Wild Midwest Sporting Clays Shoot and Barbecue--a fundraiser for the Ronald McDonald House of Indiana--will be held on Saturday, September 20, at the Crooked Creek Conservation & Gun Club, located at 13203 E. 246th Street in Noblesville. The event will include 5-stand, wobble trap and skeet, raffle and door prizes and a silent auction. Clay shoot times begin at 9:30 and 11:30 a.m. (check in one hour before flight time). Lunch will be served 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
    Registration includes:

- 100 bird main event
    - All new 12-gauge Winchester AA amunition
    - Continental breakfast
    - Barbecue lunch by Target
    - Awards, snacks, and beverages
    - Participant gift

Lewis Class Awards:
    - Vets
    - Ladies division
    - Junior and sub-junior divisions
    - Four-person squad challenge division

Trophies will be awarded to:
    - High overall
    - First, second and thrid place winners in each group
    - Top three squads

Bill of Rights

Cogito, ergo porto.
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 26, 2008
    Where's the bacon?
    Ronald McDonald House Sporting Clays Shoot

http://www.rmh-indiana.org/sporting_clays.html

The Wild, Wild Midwest Sporting Clays Shoot and Barbecue--a fundraiser for the Ronald McDonald House of Indiana--will be held on Saturday, September 20, at the Crooked Creek Conservation & Gun Club, located at 13203 E. 246th Street in Noblesville. The event will include 5-stand, wobble trap and skeet, raffle and door prizes and a silent auction. Clay shoot times begin at 9:30 and 11:30 a.m. (check in one hour before flight time). Lunch will be served 11 a.m.-1 p.m.
    Registration includes:

- 100 bird main event
    - All new 12-gauge Winchester AA amunition
    - Continental breakfast
    - Barbecue lunch by Target
    - Awards, snacks, and beverages
    - Participant gift

Lewis Class Awards:
    - Vets
    - Ladies division
    - Junior and sub-junior divisions
    - Four-person squad challenge division

Trophies will be awarded to:
    - High overall
    - First, second and thrid place winners in each group
    - Top three squads

Note that I do not know McDonalds' or RMH position on guns, if any. It would not surprise me to find that they forbid both their employees and any guest of the House from being armed, nor would it surprise me to find that this was not true. Please don't take this as a slam on the fund raiser at all; it is not. I do find myself wondering, however, IF theirs is an anti-gun position, is it not hypocritical to accept money from those participating in the shooting sports?

Blessings,
    B

mrw

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 5, 2008
    I doubt they have a corporate policy regarding firearms seeing as most of their stores are franchise owned. It'll be up to the individual franchisees to determine that.

Pami

INGO Mom
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Next to Lars
    Talking to one of our friends at his birthday party last night, he said to think of it as good press. See? Look at all the good things that the sporting guys do? :)

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    Over the years I helped raise a lot of money for Riley, I never thought I would be standing in there watching them save my kid. Because I live in Indy the logistics for our family were much easier then for others I met.

Just living more than an hour away and having both parents working can make a stay at Riley very difficult for a family. It is a worthy charity.

Newg

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Westside of Indy.
    Note that I do not know McDonalds' or RMH position on guns, if any. It would not surprise me to find that they forbid both their employees and any guest of the House from being armed, nor would it surprise me to find that this was not true. Please don't take this as a slam on the fund raiser at all; it is not. I do find myself wondering, however, IF theirs is an anti-gun position, is it not hypocritical to accept money from those participating in the shooting sports?

Blessings,
    B

Please enlighten me. Why would you even bring this up without doing the research required to answer your own question?

Mike Elzinga

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Mar 22, 2008
    NWI
    BoG raises a very good point, one apparently misunderstood. I have heard stories and been involved with shooting or gun related events that were intended to benefit a particular charity, only to find out afterward that it was "against the policy" of the charity to acknowledge the source of the contribution solely because it was firearms associated.

If a charity will take our money, but not say "thank you", is that a charity we really want to support? BoG takes it a step further and implies that he might be hesitant to support a charity that wont allow its workers their constitutional rights. Whether you wish to take that step is your own personal choice, but an important one we should all consider.

I highly doubt any large facility such as Ronald McDonald house, or Riley Hospital does allow, or ever would allow their staff to carry in accordance with IN state law, which leaves us all with a choice to make.

I dont think BoG was stating a position, or making a claim for the position we should take as responsible gun owners. I got the impression he was rather raising the point that we all make fully informed desicions.

Top Bottom