• ...and so much more!
  • Doug

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    69   0   0
    Sep 5, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Imagine, if you will...
    A man raises fighting dogs and lets them run loose. The dogs kill the neighbor’s pets and bite their children.
    Rather than have him arrested for harboring dangerous animals and rounding up the vicious dogs, the neighbors get him a library card in hopes he’ll take up reading as a hobby and stop training fighting dogs.
    This is “dealing with root causes.”

Comments?

BigRed

Banned More Than You
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Dec 29, 2017
    1,000 yards out
    Imagine, if you will...
    A man raises fighting dogs and lets them run loose. The dogs kill the neighbor’s pets and bite their children.
    Rather than have him arrested for harboring dangerous animals and rounding up the vicious dogs, the neighbors get him a library card in hopes he’ll take up reading as a hobby and stop training fighting dogs.

Comments?

It is "dealing with the root causes" per "progressives", "centalizers", and "communists".

It is in part why I always do my best to be well armed.....you never know when you may need to put down a dog...or an idiotic thug with a new library card.

phylodog

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    59   0   0
    Mar 7, 2008
    Arcadia
    That isn't dealing with any root cause, that's ignoring reality and substituting something which "sure would be nice" if it worked but it won't. Our society doesn't want to deal with actual root causes, doing so might hurt someone's feelings so we make brilliant decisions like letting murderers back out on the street so prison won't turn them into a bad people.

Alpo

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 23, 2014
    Indy Metro Area
    Imagine, if you will...

Comments?
    In what state are fighting dogs legal?

How far away is the man's property? Elevation difference? Crosswinds?

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Imagine, if you will...

Comments?

Are there no laws that deal with this? I would think that if a dog bites someone they would have to put the dog down. I know that was the law back in the day when my Dad had to put down one of our dogs who bit two people. I would also think there would be a law or laws that deal with dogs running loose... :dunno:

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    Are there no laws that deal with this? I would think that if a dog bites someone they would have to put the dog down. I know that was the law back in the day when my Dad had to put down one of our dogs who bit two people. I would also think there would be a law or laws that deal with dogs running loose... :dunno:
    Pretty sure the dog story is just an analogy for the way they're trying to handle the thugs creating havoc in society by giving them "activities" to do to keep them from being bloodthirsty killers.

wtburnette

WT(aF)
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Nov 11, 2013
    SW side of Indy
    Pretty sure the dog story is just an analogy for the way they're trying to handle the thugs creating havoc in society by giving them "activities" to do to keep them from being bloodthirsty killers.

In our current case we need to go back to having DA's that believe in following the law. Until that happens nothing else matters in that regard.

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Imagine, if you will...

Comments?
    (Folks, the OP is presenting a hypothetical...)

Librarians would probably think this is a great idea.

When you sell hammers, all social problems look like nails.

Liberals believe all social problems have economic root causes. When your business is giving out and spending government money, that's your solution to everything.

(...calling Leadeye...)

Top Bottom