• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • figley

Expert
    Rating - 94.7%
    18   1   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    SW Indy
    on WRTV, channel 6, the ABC affiliate in Indy, I just saw a commercial for a little taco joint, called "Roscoe's Tacos", wherein a goofy guy gives his spiel, and at the end, paraphrases Don Davis, "I don't want to make any money, I just want to sell nachos. he,he,he,he,he".

I rost.

Rocket57

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 19, 2010
    In denial
    There used to be a Rosco's in Avon. Not too bad. Nice for a fast food change of pace. I never got the nachos. They cost twice as much as anywhere else!

PistolBob

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Oct 6, 2010
    Midwest US
    Roscoe Tacos in Greenwood rules the universe. The John Henry is the best. The prices are higher than Taco Bell for a reason...this food is GOOD.

Dirtebiker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Feb 13, 2011
    Greenwood
    Roscoes is great! of course the price is more, you get more! I'm pretty sure Greenwood is the only store again, Avon didn't last long.
    Good tacos and great burritos!!

Shouldn't this be in the break room?

cascadewalker

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 12, 2008
    There's one on the east side on Brookville Rd. west of Arlington. Love the Texas Wildfire sauce on the Paul Bunyon tacos.

Roadie

Modus InHiatus
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Feb 20, 2009
    Beech Grove
    I got into a Facebook argument with one of the owners(we went to the same high school).. over Obama. She feels he is the savior of small businesses, and did not take kindly to me posting facts about how his policies could/have hurt them... She called me every name in the book, lol.

I ate at the one in Greenwood once, before this debate even, and wasnt impressed. Staff was rude, place was dirty, food mediocre.. meh

bobbittle

Master
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Sep 19, 2011
    West side
    I ate at the one in Avon at least 2x a week when it was there (I worked in that shopping center), but will never, ever go to the one in Greenwood after what they did when they closed the Avon location. No warning, no notice, employees came in on Christmas Eve and were told they were out of a job. Douche move by the owners IMO.

Packrat67

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 9, 2011
    Greenwood
    Don't know about the Avon experience, but the Greenwood location is AOK by me. Chicken nachos are best in area and tacos are good. Never had a bad meal fr4om there also never had any problems with staff. They are mostly young kids working part time.

Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 19, 2009
    Central Indiana
    We travel to the brookville rd location at least once a month. Used to visit the greenwood location when I was foolish enough to spend money at the outdoorsman. Always felt the food at Avon was better, but we take our Roscoe's in whatever form we can find it.

indytechnerd

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Nov 17, 2008
    Here and There
    Used to eat at Avon about once a week, the Nachos were the best meal around. Sucks that they closed. I ate (Nachos) at Greenwood once and they weren't as well constructed. Still pretty good, but not nearly the caliber of the ones that girl made in Avon. Man I miss that place.

indyk

Master
    Rating - 100%
    39   0   0
    Nov 22, 2008
    Alpha site
    I love Roscoes tacos 110% if im near greenwood its a must i stop there if i havnt eatin.
    I found the commercial slightly distastefull and un original. Perhaps they could have spent a little more time on an original idea instead of taking a well recognized commercial catch from another individual. My wife said "have fun with it" laugh... The commercial certainly will not distract me from eating there 4 days out of the week.

Something also tells me this commercial wont be on for too much longer???
    Im sure Dons not happy about it.

Last edited:
    Top Bottom