• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mwaym

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    After much consideration from my fellow INGO members.... I bought a Rossi 357 mag for my girlfriend as a nightstand gun for home defense.... I have it loaded with 38 specials now... we really haven't had a chance to shoot it yet, but I think the revolver was the best choice for her... not as much to go wrong... etc... I am really digging the feel of the gun so far, but I have a question as far as the cylinder release goes..... It is kinda hard to operate, and seems to stick on occasion... it just seems to hang up .. I have worked it several times to see if it just needed broken in, but it is still difficult to release....... Is this something I can fix myself, as far as sanding down a burr or something, or should I take it to a gunsmith ?? The pin seems to have a slight burr on it, but I would not want to void my warranty. The thumbpiece seems to work freely enough, but the cylinder hangs up a bit. Thank You, MIKE:ingo:

Last edited:

Firefighter56

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 10, 2013
    East Central Indiana
    I have one of those and it works as smooth as butter. You want her to shoot it and be familiar with it though, when its loaded with .357 its a hand cannon. .38's are more managable in it and not nearly as loud.

ultra...good

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2012
    Before doing any "work" on the gun, clean,and oil it well and then get it out to the range and shoot it. Repeat, and repeat.
    Some guns have a break in period. See if this is the case before you start sanding or filing anything.

mwaym

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 30, 2012
    It's a new gun, so I think we will just shoot it for awhile and see where we are at with it.. Thanks for the responses... MIKE

Top Bottom