• ...and so much more!
  • Hoosier8

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    27   0   1
    Jul 3, 2008
    Indianapolis
    Best I can tell depending on the load a 44 Special is fairly equivalent to a 45 ACP. I picked this up some years ago and recently actually fired it. I was surprised how well it shot and how accurate I was with it. It is my current between the mattress defense gun. I really like it. The detractor for some are the plastic sights that can chip but no problems so far. It handles well and the round is very sufficient.

Anyone else have a Rossi 720 and opinion?

IMG_0813.jpeg

Twangbanger

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Oct 9, 2010
    Don't have one of those, but am a fan of the 44 spl round. Have been sorely tempted to get one of the Ruger SA distributor exclusives in that caliber. I knew one NRA bullseye competitor who had a S&W 629 with a custom cylinder made chambered in 44 Special, because he claimed the shorter chamber gave more accurate results from the cartridge.

kaveman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Sep 13, 2014
    La Porte
    I'm a S&W revolver guy but those Interarms imported Rossis are NICE. I have several .38s and one 720 .44 Special like yours and love the gun. Iirc I managed to snag that one for $185 and am still looking for a hammerless model for under 500 with no luck. The equivalent S&W 696 is 1000+.

Bassat

I shoot Canon, too!
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Dec 30, 2022
    Osceola, Indiana 46561
    I had one just like the photo above. Incredibly smooth trigger on that piece. It was the only gun my first wife would shoot. I traded it about 2 years ago. If anyone is interested, it is still on the shelf at Belcher's on McKinley in Mishawaka.

EDIT: The one I used to own had the fluted cylinder. It is on the shelf at Belcher's for $500.

Drail

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 13, 2008
    Bloomington
    After trying many different carry guns I settled on the .44 Spl. in a DA snub years ago and in over 30 years I have not found ANTHING better for CCW use. If you can get one good hit with a heavy hard cast .44 Spl. - all the others run away.........

Max Volume

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jul 26, 2008
    da region Highland
    I really like the 44 special round and have a Taurus 445 snub nose bought years ago that is a nice revolver. Shooting 44 specials out
    of my Ruger Super Redhawk with a 9.5" barrel is very accurate and feels like shooting a 22.

Top Bottom