Rossi Circuit Judge, shooting experience?

The #1 community for Gun Owners in Indiana

Member Benefits:

• Fewer Ads!
  • Discuss all aspects of firearm ownership
  • Discuss anti-gun legislation
  • Buy, sell, and trade in the classified section
  • Chat with Local gun shops, ranges, trainers & other businesses
  • Discover free outdoor shooting areas
  • View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • merkava1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    That's it, shooting not looking/touching experience. :ar15:Only with the carbine and NOT the Taurus Judge handguns. Choosing ammo, aiming the fiberoptic sights, keeping the other hand unburned, anything practical will be appreciated.

Zoub

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 8, 2008
    Northern Edge, WI
    I have 40+ years experience with .410.......shot, slugs and buck. Pump, semi auto, break action. Bead sights, scopes, red dots. Trajectory and ballistics.

Sorry no Judge experience, so I can't help you. If you asked I would tell you zero slugs for 50 yards

Aaronhome27

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Nov 18, 2009
    Kendallville
    saw one and played around with it at Dunhams the other day. Felt pretty good. looked like a great little gun for my young son. Never saw one till then. I just didnt buy due to lack of info on them right now. Cant wait to hear some hands on info.

Clay

Grandmaster
    Rating - 98.8%
    81   1   0
    Aug 28, 2008
    Vigo Co
    I was in Gander yesterday to just look at one. Guy there said they had 5, and they sold out the first day they came in. Pretty popular for sure!

merkava1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Circuit Judge: First Hearing

Shot 45LC round nose. Was pleasantly surprised with the accuracy. The tiny fiberoptic sights were perfectly centered right out of the box. I did not bench rest the gun, it is not a target rifle, did not want to spend too much ammo. (It is $.70 a pop on a good day).
    The gun was less loud than I expected from this caliber, possibly because of the longer barrel. (On the other hand, my 9 mm Glock carbine seems every bit as loud as the handgun). The perceived recoil was also milder than expected from a lightweight short rifle. I noticed very little muzzle jump. It seemed to kick straight back and not disturb target acquisition.
    The trigger felt just right.
    My supporting hand did not feel any burning gas from the cylinder gap.
    When I swiveled the cylinder out to reload, the lower edge of the heat shield pinched my left hand every time until I remembered to move it out of the way first.
    This judge is fun to shoot but expensive at least if you use 45 Colt. My first impression is favorable. Next time will shoot .410 slugs and shotshells.
    Oh yeah, almost forgot: the holes were BIG!:D

Cratchelow

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 9, 2010
    Something to note is that there is a blast guard on BOTH sides.I am a lefty and had read that the guard was only for right handers.Went ahead and spent money on something else and then found out this was not the case.

merkava1

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 25, 2010
    Southern Indiana
    Possibly the 1st revolving shotgun in a 100 years. I vaguely remember seeing the ancient prototype at a gun show, shotgun or centerfire not sure. Many sit on the fence because this one is so new. Then it's a Taurus, probably Colt would have sold this gun faster. 45LC ammo is a little hard to get and expensive to boot.

Frazier

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 15, 2010
    45 LC is a bear in its self .410 in a buck shot would be intresting. Togather, well, one 12ga company makes a shell with 1 punkin ball and several buck shot. The standard load for the mod 1841 Springfield rifle, issued to both the North and South at the beginning of the Civil War was a 69 cal round ball and 5 00buck. Hell to 500 yards. One might rethink the Judge, and the history that precedes it...........

Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 14, 2009
    Salem
    Can't speak to the Circuit Judge... but I shoot 410 buckshot out of a Saiga 410 and it does plenty 'o damage relative to the light recoil. The only thing I don't get is why someone would want 5 shots when they can get 15???

I like the Judge concept (handgun-wise) , but I confess that I don't get the Circuit Judge thing...

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom