• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Orgcrsh

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Feb 21, 2011
    I am thinking really hard about getting a Ranch Hand in .357. I know this is just a gun for fun and nostalgic reasons to own it, and that's the only reason I need. Does anyone have any feedback on this gun. I have not been able to find one to touch yet, does anyone know where there mint be one? I called everywhere in the Indy Area.

Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 29, 2011
    Greenfield
    Plainfield Shooting Supplies had one in 45 colt. I bought the one in 44 mag because i couldn't find the 357 model anywhere local. I was at the 1500 this weekend and they had about 4 of them in your caliber. I wish i would have waited because the 44 mag is fun but can get pretty painful real quick.

Last edited:

G McBride

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 1, 2008
    Centerville
    I have one in 45 Colt. It is the most useless, self indulging piece of crap I have ever bought.

Having said that, It is a blast to own and to shoot. The cool factor by far out weighs the bad things said about this gun.

I don't regret for one minute that I purchased this gun for no other reason than I Wanted It.

Hit

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 19, 2010
    I've got my eye on a Mare's Leg from Henry in 45LC ... my birthdays coming up and I think I may have to buy it for myself then. It is pretty hard to beat for its cool factor.

BE Mike

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    18   0   0
    Jul 23, 2008
    New Albany
    I have a Rossi Ranch Hand in .357 Mag. I bought it at a local gun shop a couple of months ago. It is definitely just a fun plinker. The sights are useless, so I took them off, so it would be easier to get into and out of a shoulder holster I modified for it. I put Marble blanks in the dovetails to protect them and make it less snag prone. I shoot it from the hip in point shooting fashion. So far the only drawback is that if the operator doesn't fully cycle the lever with authority, a live round can get under the lifter, jamming the pistol. Correcting this jam means taking off the "plug" on the end of the magazine and to do this a small set screw must be unscrewed. It is a simple operation. Commercial holsters are not cheap. I reload for it with pretty light 158 gr. SWC .357 mag. loads. I would definitely recommend the .357 over the larger calibers or the new Henry .22, especially if you don't reload.

4sarge

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Mar 19, 2008
    FREEDONIA
    I've been trying to buy 2 of these in 357 for over a year. My go to guy says that none of his distributors have these in stock But you see them on the auction or for sale webs pretty frequently :rolleyes:

shooter521

Certified Glock Nut
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN US
    We have a .357 and a .44Mag coming in this week, and we have Henry Mare's Legs in .45LC and .22LR in-stock. I think these guns are stupid, pointless fun in a Serbu Super Shorty kinda way. And while I personally have no desire to own one, we sell every one of 'em we can get in, in very short order.

Top Bottom