• ...and so much more!
  • Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    Hey INGO,

Im looking to buy a lever gun but due to all the marlin horror stories(and personal experience with remington), Ive decided on a Rossi Rio Grande in 45-70.

Anyone know of any place that has one in stock so I can see/fondle it? I hate buying sight unseen/online.

Preferably within 60-80mi or Muncie.

God bless
    -Shred

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    You might want to check out the Henry too. I haven't seen a Rossi yet but I have seen many Marlin's. And not a Marlin that I would buy. There quality is suppose to be improving in the future.

Sirshredalot

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Mar 15, 2011
    Muncie
    There is a Henry here local, but the henry is also $250 more and not a side feeder to boot....tube loaders are fine for .22lr but big 45/70 just feel like they should be side loaded.

I am still going to look at it when I get a chance because I know the henry stuff is nice, but Id still like to fondle a rossi RG4570.
    The Gander Mt. website says they have them available, so I might have one shipped to the store.

Still got a few locals places to call monday....maybe bradis, MCG, ?

God bless
    -Shred

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    It took a while to get use to the tube mag. I admit. The Henry quality is amazing. I would still like to have a Guide gun.best of luck on the search. Let us know what you find.

Be blessed!

87iroc

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 25, 2012
    Bartholomew County
    I prefer the side feed too. Too many Louis L'amour westerns as a kid and to many movies I guess. I saw the local pawn shop 2 yrs ago had a Henry and Winchester 94AE in stock on trade. Henry was 200 cheaper than Winny...but being tube fed sucked. I let them sit as I didn't have 800 or so to spare.

I was in Gander Greenwood yesterday> They had some 'short' mule leg things...but didn't really see any Rossi's(the short ones may have been.). Had several Marlin's. Might have been a rossi but I hate it when the tags flip upside down and I couldn't read them.

When I was in KY at someplace over south of Evansville(name escapes me)....they had a row of Rossi's that you could feel and handle. I am looking for a .357 lever action so I may make a trip back down there to buy one or order one locally if they can give me a good price.

they did have a .44-40 revolver which is an odd caliber but was neat to have something different.

Vamptepes

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 20, 2013
    Eagledale
    Last I was at brownsburg they had mags only. They change out what the have all the time so whats there one weeek is different the next. Plus they also do layaway. But bradis does too.

Top Bottom