• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mrjarrell

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 18, 2009
    Hamilton County
    And it's been known for a long time. Sad thing is that many, if not most, corn and soybean farmers use it, along with the genetically modified Monsanto seed that goes with it. It's in our food chain and our water system. Monsanto knew it and now their being called out on it by scientists. Some folks are right. Our food is killing us.

Roundup Birth Defects: Regulators Knew World's Best-Selling Herbicide Causes Problems, New Report Finds

RoundupandBirthDefectsv5 (The study on it)

Be careful using it around your home, too.

futureofwar

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    May 27, 2011
    Bunker Hill
    On the subject of herbacides / pestacides, I tried ECO Smart insecticide to get rid of the 10 spiders a day I was killing in my 852 SFt apt. Stuff seems to work and is almost all plant oil

Leadeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 19, 2009
    I would really expect more work done other than a study on frog and chicken embryos. It's hard for me to believe that you can look at a deformed frog face and say that it's deformation is similar to a human being.

The mammilian study on rats and rabbits doesn't support this guy's hypothesis and he really needs to do more work. Good peer reviewed solid organized data would make his case better.

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    That's why my gardens are full of Heirloom plants and we've started our own little seed bank for the future. We won't buy that GMO crap at the grocery any more, organic cost a bit more, but it's worth it.

Dave Doehrman

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Aug 17, 2010
    Fort Wayne
    And it's been known for a long time.

This has been well known and documented since the late 60s and early 70s. Roundup was called Agent Orange back when they were spraying it in Nam. It's the Dioxin in the herbicide that causes most of the problems.

It amazes me that its use is still allowed, but big bucks can buy off a lot of folks that regulate this stuff.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Lots of people die around the world because of the silliness of "local, organic" foods. Nightsoil kills, just ask the Germans.

More people died recently in Germany because of local, organic food than the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. 26 deaths and thousands made ghastly ill from local, organic food and the numbers are climbing in Germany, Germany where clean is never clean enough. Putting poo on food is not making anything safer than modern chemicals.

Germany who first blamed someone else (Spain) and smeared themselves with local, organic eggs for making hippie bongwater dreams public policy.

Death Toll From German E. Coli at 22 - Bloomberg

Death Toll Rises in E. Coli Outbreak | Europe | English

Last edited:

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Lots of people die around the world because of the silliness of "local, organic" foods. Nightsoil kills, just ask the Germans.

More people died recently in Germany because of local, organic food than the Gulf of Mexico oil spill. 26 deaths and thousands made ghastly ill from local, organic food and the numbers are climbing in Germany, Germany where clean is never clean enough. Putting poo on food is not making anything safer than modern chemicals.

Germany who first blamed someone else (Spain) and smeared themselves with local, organic eggs for making hippie bongwater dreams public policy.

Death Toll From German E. Coli at 22 - Bloomberg

Death Toll Rises in E. Coli Outbreak | Europe | English

I don't think E.Coli outbreaks are something distinctly associated with organic farming. Every year I hear about recalls and other hysterics about E.Coli outbreaks in the U.S. They can't all be blamed on organic farmers can they? And I've never even heard of "nightsoil" until I just looked it up, certainly never advocated that. Yuck.

dross

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 27, 2009
    Monument, CO
    I don't think E.Coli outbreaks are something distinctly associated with organic farming. Every year I hear about recalls and other hysterics about E.Coli outbreaks in the U.S. They can't all be blamed on organic farmers can they? And I've never even heard of "nightsoil" until I just looked it up, certainly never advocated that. Yuck.

Organic farming practices can make it worse. The soil has to be fertilized, and some kinds of natural fertilizer increases the chances of e coli and other diseases.

You seem quick to believe certain things based on little evidence, but you reject others out of hand.

Beware of staking yourself to a position and then rejecting or accepting evidence based on your position.

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    And I've never even heard of "nightsoil" until I just looked it up, certainly never advocated that. Yuck.

You advocate organic food but had never heard of nightsoil? What do you think made a garden grown, singing by unicorns, yoga by men in sandals?:D

Nightsoil is the heart of organic gardening and advocated by organic food advocates as diverse as George Lincoln Rockwell to Mao.

Not to be a Nosy Nelly but just what is your background in food science, ram?:dunno:

Kirk Freeman

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Mar 9, 2008
    Lafayette, Indiana
    Much of "organic" food is not organic in the least and most of the remainder is hype.

Via yoga I have witnessed this craze become marketing hype--local, clean, fresh have become marketing buzz words.

So few people understand where food comes from or how it is grown that more are open to the buzz words.

rambone

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    'Merica
    Nightsoil is the heart of organic gardening and advocated by organic food advocates as diverse as George Lincoln Rockwell to Mao.

Not to be a Nosy Nelly but just what is your background in food science, ram?:dunno:

I'm an aspiring expert. Years of eating. :):

I understand "nightsoil" is land fertilized with human excrement. If that's the heart of organic farming, it sure is a well kept secret. I imagine that there are better ways of growing plants that do not involve supporting Monsanto or eating genetically-engineered frankenfood. Horse manure perhaps?

Stschil

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Aug 24, 2010
    At the edge of sanit
    Manure from herbivores is better than omnivores. Cant say that all organic farm operations do this, but no manure is used to fertilize my gardens that hasn't been composted first. This process helps balance nutrients and because of the temperatures involved, kills bacterias that are feces bound.

Top Bottom