• ...and so much more!
  • SnoopLoggyDog

I'm a Citizen, not a subject
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    63   0   0
    Feb 16, 2009
    Warsaw

It isn't the biggest city, Indianapolis. It's not Gary, Ft. Wayne, or even Evansville. In fact, they named Bloomington as the rudest city in the state. Here's what Travel A Lot said about Bloomington:

You might expect a rude person or two in Boston...but Bloomington? Indiana? It might not be the biggest cities in size, but it can sure compete with the big dogs when it comes to being rude.

model1994

quick draw mcgraw
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Aug 17, 2022
    glacial boundary
    one of the reasons I moved to Bloomington & studied at IU was how friendly and hospitable the people were in this area. whether in the city or the surrounding rural areas. hell, pop your hood and you’ll have 3-4 guys around you helping out in no time. even most fishermen are open to chat. people seem happy and concerned about other people here - you see signs simply saying “love thy neighbor” “be kind” and such, but in other areas of the state yard-signs are mostly politically charged, angry messages or flags.

so idk, experiences vary but btown is not overtly rude. it’s probably the most welcoming area in the state

DoggyDaddy

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    73   0   1
    Aug 18, 2011
    Southside Indy
    iu

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    one of the reasons I moved to Bloomington & studied at IU was how friendly and hospitable the people were in this area. whether in the city or the surrounding rural areas. hell, pop your hood and you’ll have 3-4 guys around you helping out in no time. even most fishermen are open to chat. people seem happy and concerned about other people here - you see signs simply saying “love thy neighbor” “be kind” and such, but in other areas of the state yard-signs are mostly politically charged, angry messages or flags.

so idk, experiences vary but btown is not overtly rude. it’s probably the most welcoming area in the state

Btown varies a lot, depending on the crowd you are in. It varies a lot between IU being in and summer.

Even then, it's awful hard to categorize any specific group, be it students or professors.

If any one group is ruder than others in Btown, I'd give it to the large transient population. All you have to do is follow the scanner app to hear the trouble caused by these fine folks, multiple times daily.

Maybe it's the mayor and city/county admin who are arrogantly rude, encouraging the mentally challenged to take root in Mellencamp's small town?

:scratch:

dieselrealtor

Master
    Rating - 100%
    177   0   0
    Nov 5, 2010
    Morgan County
    With exception of current company in this thread & a few others, as a whole I would agree. I have experienced it from many real estate "professionals" in Bloomington, rude (or at least indifferent) behavior from employees at Menards, Lowes, & other places. I typically have a smiling face & friendly conversation which is usually returned in other places.

natdscott

User Unknown
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jul 20, 2015
    With exception of current company in this thread & a few others, as a whole I would agree. I have experienced it from many real estate "professionals" in Bloomington, rude (or at least indifferent) behavior from employees at Menards, Lowes, & other places. I typically have a smiling face & friendly conversation which is usually returned in other places.
    You can't judge a town by the Realtors.

If you did, well.....

Top Bottom