• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Anyone out there using the prescription lens insert for Rudy shooting glasses?

It seems my eyes are in need of a bit of help and I am looking into this option. Looks like for a couple hundred bucks I can get the Rx lenses that clip into my existing rudy shooting glasses.

I may try contact too but my eyes tend to be a bit dry and this may not work out. I dont need enough of a correction (yet) to warrant getting lasik again.

It may not make a big difference with as little correction as I need but I gotta stay ahead of the Wife :D

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Anyone out there using the prescription lens insert for Rudy shooting glasses?

It seems my eyes are in need of a bit of help and I am looking into this option. Looks like for a couple hundred bucks I can get the Rx lenses that clip into my existing rudy shooting glasses.

I may try contact too but my eyes tend to be a bit dry and this may not work out. I dont need enough of a correction (yet) to warrant getting lasik again.

It may not make a big difference with as little correction as I need but I gotta stay ahead of the Wife :D

I have a pair with the inserts. The model is called the Exception. What would you like to know?

BrownDog

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Do you like it? Does it work as well as regular Rx glasses?

Yes , I do like them. I have the Rx optic insert style because one eye has a heavier prescrition than the other and can't be made as a Rx direct lens. They are comfortable, and I can flip up the lens in front of the inserts which helps when I go from sunny to shade.

If your prescription isn't too heavy you could go with Rudy Rx Direct Frame, which is a prescription lens without the insert.
    Rudy has their own labs to make the lenes with their material.

See this Rudy Project Rx Sunglasses, Helmets and Goggles - Leader in Cycling Sunglasses, Golf Sunglasses, Running Sunglasses and Prescription Sport Sunglasses and scroll through the choices.

msquared

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Dec 14, 2008
    Thanks for the feedback. I like the idea of the insert because I can use all the different lens colors with it. If I went with Rx lenses, id need each color. And yes I actually use several colors.

If contacts dont work out, Ill have to give that a try.

Top Bottom