Boyd's stock
    Vortex 3-9×40
    20210719_204511-jpg.148933
    I love that stock

Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    Dec 5, 2008
    Terre Haute
    I wanted a rifle that would accurately and reliably shoot the Aguila 60gr SSS round, so I put this together:

Pride Fowler 3-9 x 32 Rapid Reticle .22 lr (I had ordered a 6 x 40 fixed, but those were out of stock. Pride Fowler sent me the variable upgrade no charge!)
    Weaver 4x4 rings
    Power Custom scope base
    Ruger receiver
    Tactical Innovations 16.5” 1:9 twist barrel, threaded ½ x 20
    Rimfire Technologies Black manganese bolt
    Rimfire Technologies magazine release and bolt handle
    Weaponkraft bolt buffer
    Polished trigger group, plus bobby pin trick
    Volquartson take-down screw
    Custom wood stockmade by Hipshot (many, many thanks!!)
    Gemtech Outback II suppressor

Attachments

• 3rds1.jpg
      3rds1.jpg
      32.5 KB · Views: 17
    • 10rds.jpg
      10rds.jpg
      31.9 KB · Views: 17
    • fullrifle.jpg
      fullrifle.jpg
      34.2 KB · Views: 17

crewchief888

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 13, 2016
    NWI
    stainless synthetic stock, paint job, HIVIZ sights, TK ultimate trigger kit, tacsol mag release. TK doublekross clear mag bodies, DSCF4690.JPG

Jaybird1980

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Jan 22, 2016
    North Central
    A guy told me that you can take off your old barrel on a 10/22 and send it to a gunsmith , and he can put a BENZ chamber on your old barrel and it will be like a target barrel.Has anybody heard of that ? might be a plan ?
    There are people that rework the stock chambers. They shorten up the breach end some and then ream it to a new chamber size. Then they have to recut the extractor groove and shoulder. The Benz chamber size is also smaller in diameter than the sporting chamber, and I'm not sure if this adjust just the depth or diameter also.

Look up Nemo mod for the 10/22

There are other things that affect the accuracy though. We cut a buddies groups in half just from removing the barrel band and opening up the barrel channel in the stock. It went from 4-6" groups to 3ish.

Vodnik4

Aspiring Redneck
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 24, 2021
    Monroe
    Picked up an old 10/22 on consignment for a song, was planning to make it a project gun.
    Upon closer examination, turned out to be a bicentennial edition.
    Cleaned it really well, removed some rust around the rear sight, oiled it, added a nice leather sling.
    I don’t have the heart to mess with this old girl.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    DSC_3061w.jpg

My Takedown 10/22. one of the limited edition wood stock models sold through rural king back in 2015. weaver 2x7 scope and trigger mods from brimstone.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Im a huge fan of these. Its similar to others, but unlike the ones you release with your middle finger from the back of the guard, this you poke your index finger forward and boop the lever.

DadSmith

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 21, 2018
    Ripley County
    Ah, the Walmart exclusive 10/22! I have one. Very hard to find. I wish I had left mine stock as I hear they are worth a bit more $ (not that I'll ever sell mine).
    The picture is mostly stock. I've updated several things since that picture. The recoil spring was worn out. So I replaced it with a Power Custom extra power recoil spring. TandemKross receiver cross pin, Power Custom stock screw which is much better than the original factory screw, Power Custom titanium extractor, Power Custom extended magazine release. The firing pin is still in good shape surprisingly but I bought another Ruger firing pin for when it does finally fail. The extractor was showing wear so I replaced it. I'm not sure most of this is upgrades but mostly just maintenance imo.

Thanks for letting me know it was an exclusive. That's probably why I can't find anymore like it. I should have bought several back then. I think I paid around $150 for it back then.

Cameramonkey

www.thechosen.tv
    Staff member
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    May 12, 2013
    Camby area
    Wish I could find the shop that pins the firing pin, squares its face, and jewels the bolt. I recall that apparently made them even more accurate and reliable.

tbhausen

Master
    Rating - 100%
    83   0   0
    Feb 12, 2010
    West Central IN
    If Ruger did a synth copy of the old fingergroove stock, that'd be a BUY and BUILD to a hunting rig for me. I dunno how the McMillan stock feels in comparison.

Urban Rifle Supply used to make wood repros, could get for the funky factory swivel set or without. Without (use standard stud/swivels) would be sweet.

They havent done any in forever.

And Im done messing w fixing old stocks, so irked I won't even do a new wood one.
    Nope. Gimme a drop in plastic one please.

Bummer the Titan stock grip angle and me didn't get along. Fine for bench but elsucko for field.
    I love the plastic stock from Magnum Research (top image in next post). My favorite 10/22 stock ever.

Last edited:

shootersix

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 10, 2009
    Im a huge fan of these. Its similar to others, but unlike the ones you release with your middle finger from the back of the guard, this you poke your index finger forward and boop the lever.

I have one and it’s awesome! I picked it up at academy sports for 25 bucks! Very big improvement Over the original! Tactical Solutions makes one like it except it’s aluminum and you can get it in a range of anodized colors, they’re double the price of the crossfire tho.

Top Bottom