• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    One of mine had the same issue with extracting the empty casings, for $10 I would change out the extractor and try a new/different mag first. After 13 years you could have a bad magazine.

Indydrew

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Dec 14, 2009
    Brownsburg, IN
    The cheapest thing to try is remove the bolt take a good look around the extractor and see if there is "gunk" (technical term) around it. If so soak it for a few minutes in the cleanser of your choice and scrub it with a toothbrush. Re-assemble and see if that fixes the problem.

If not, replace the extractor with the Volquartsen Edge Extractor mentioned above it takes all of 5 minutes and is really easy to do.

Here is the link: Volquartsen Exact Edge Extractor Ruger 10/22, 10/22 Magnum, Mark II, Mark III, 22/45 - MidwayUSA

I would bet that this will solve the problem for you, it fixed my issues immediately.

Hope it helps,

-Drew

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 15, 2009
    Valparaiso
    I would go with the extractor as well, though I've not had a problem with mine (yet). I use 25 rd mags for target shooting and the Ruger 10 rd mags when squirrel/rabbit hunting.

Takashi

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 27, 2010
    Indy Northside
    my 10/22 never jams. I did buy some new mags for it but they came with adjustment screws and it never jammed after that...

it'll eat any ammo all day.

I agree with the worn out extractor though.

Top Bottom