• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Redneckbuckeye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Sheridan
    my ruger 10/22 is jamming. It first started and thought it was dirty, so I took it all apart and cleaned it.. the jamming still persist. Anyone have an idea, any good gunsmiths on th e north side of indy that is good with 10/22s?

Chance

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Sep 25, 2009
    Berne
    When is it jamming?

Is it jamming on the unload of the spent round or on the loading of a new round? If ejection, check the end of the chamber for any dings, typically caused by dry-firing a .22 and allowing the firing pin to contact the end of the chamber. Also check the extractor. If it is dull/rounded it may not be grabbing the spent cartridge. If on the load end of the cycle, may be a feed angle issue, could be caused by the magazine. Have you tried a different magazine?

Bubba

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Rensselaer
    Two of my three 10/22 were jamming when I first got them. They would periodically either partially extract the spent case causing feed issues or extract the case but fail to eject it from the action causing failure to return to battery. I installed a Volquartsen extractor for $10 on both and they've not had any cycling issues since.

Indy_Guy_77

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Apr 30, 2008
    OP, is your rifle brand new?

If so, it may need a few hundred rounds of "CCI Stinger" type ammo in order to break-in.

CCI Stingers and/or CCI Mini-Mags are generally very very well regarded as the ammo of choice to break in a semi-auto .22LR firearm (pistol or rifle).

-J-

Redneckbuckeye

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Oct 19, 2009
    Sheridan
    I mostly shoot federal bulk from Walmart. It's about 13 years old and it shot it fine when newer. I will have to check and see when it jams. Thanks for the ideas.

MrSmitty

Master of useless information
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 4, 2010
    New Albany
    I once had a 10/22 that I shot 500 rounds of .22 LONG through in one day...3 jams!! thats all, Ive had 3 over the years........ Love em!!! my current 10/22 will not feed Armscor...hell my HP-22 hated that ammo too Remington runs fine...I agree check the barrel, might be loose. 10/22's never jam! that is a rumor started by the Marlin Co!!!

Top Bottom