• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • smokestack

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Lafayette
    My 10 round factory magazine fell apart and I bought a Pro Mag replacement at a local gun shop (it was all they had). I'm ready to smash this thing with a hammer. I hate to waste the money and just throw it away so I thought I would try to find out if there are any tips to making this thing work better, it constantly jams while loading it and feeding to the gun. Going to buy a factory 10 rounder but would like to know if there are any secrets to making this work like it should. Any help is greatly appreciated. Thanks

printcraft

INGO Clown
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Feb 14, 2008
    Uranus
    Does the pro mag have plastic feed lips?
    Are they deformed or have any extra material in the way of round travel?
    Could there be some crud sticking in the magazine?

Just a few things to check before you throw it in the bin.

Grab a couple of Ruger originals and don't look back.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Butler Creek 25 round mags work great if you want more than Ruger's government suck up mags. Don't get me wrong, the rotary mags are great, but it would be nice if they could make them in more than 10 rounds.

Butler Creek Steel Lip mags will last forever. Their Hot Lips mags will still give you many years of great function.

One other thing, some ammo lately has been drowned in wax, which has a nasty habit of gumming up mags. I made the mistake of buying PMC in .22LR after having a lot of luck with it in .223. Then I noticed it was made in Mexico ( their other is from Korea) where I guess they pour on the wax coating. Had to take every mag that I used it in apart to clean the crud out.

hotfarmboy1

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Nov 7, 2008
    Madison County
    I have some of the 25 rd and 33 rd pro mags for the 10/22. But all mine are steel lipped. And they do pretty good, especially the 33 rounders. But if you're having probs go back and get a couple factory ones, or some of the Butler Creek steel lips if you can find them.

Joedirt82

Plinker
    Rating - 66.7%
    2   1   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Westfield
    I have some of the 25 rd and 33 rd pro mags for the 10/22. But all mine are steel lipped. And they do pretty good, especially the 33 rounders. But if you're having probs go back and get a couple factory ones, or some of the Butler Creek steel lips if you can find them.

I have to agree! I have 3 of the 33 rounder pro mags and they all work great. I will get an occasional jam but I think its either the gun or the ammo i am shooting. But it is still a great plinker!

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    Try the Tri-Mag or Quad mag... takes standard 10rd ruger factory mags and binds them all together. Can not go wrong with the Ruger factory mags. Ruger has the anniversary edition mags out now that are CLEAR.:yesway: a big plus when you have a bag full of mags, which one is full? Attached is a pic of the tri mag. It can also be used a temporary rest/bipod. Quad mag, well, looks silly. I have seen the tri mag at a south side gun shop. a respectable attept for increasing capacity on the line.

TriMag 10/22 Magazine connector

Top Bottom