• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • RetDep310

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 17, 2010
    Columbus
    Last week, I asked for advice on after-market sights for a 10/22, and got several good responses. I have now decided between the Tech-Sight or a Williams peep sight w/Firesight front post. The overwelming majority went with the Tech-sight. I have used that type of sight before, but not sure if I like the look of that type of sight on a stock Ruger rifle. It's going to be a plinker and not a tactical rifle. The Williams sight also interests me, but I have been unable to find one locally that I can take a look at. Not sure how easy it is for my older eyes to look through. Any additional info on either would be greatly appreciated, especially if you have used the peep sight...thanks!!

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    I have Tech Sights on 2 rifles now. They are fantastic and are very accurate. I really can't say enough about them. If you decide to get them buy the TSR200 model, they are worth the little bit extra. You should also purchase the adjustment tool, it makes zeroing so much easier. I can hit a 1" circle at 25 yrds with my 10/22 and small soda bottles at 70 with no adjustment. I took mine out the other day and was hitting an 8" steel at 115yrds.

snapping turtle

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 5, 2009
    Madison county
    Peep's have been used for years on combat rifles and target rifles.

peeps With the small aperture and a long distance between front and rear can be very accurate.

Old eyes (any really) still have trouble focusing on three distance planes. You willl have this problem with all open sights so not an issue against.

The fire sight front is going to be rather large as compared to the old bead sights of yesteryear, If you are going minute of can that won't be a problem, If you want minute of the "O" in a coke can i think the fires sight front is going to be to big.

And finally I would go with the peep since everybody else has the "tech sight" but that is the inner rebel in me.

Top Bottom