• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Please buy the kind that has the front attach to the barrel band.

Like this:

GEDC0792.jpg

Don't do this:

liberty+rifle.jpg

And please measure some stocks and place the rear stud in a decent spot. I've seen too many too close to the buttplate, or way too far up the stock.

(yes, it's a major peeve of mine, seen many a nice, I mean really nice, wood stock ruined due to such sloppy workmanship).

rotortech

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Sep 20, 2011
    Indianapolis
    Uncle Mikes sling swivels. Online at many places or go to Bradis II. I disagree with using the band for the sling swivel. I run a pretty tight sling and that band is plastic. It might break while firing the rifle. Yeah, I ruined my stock and that sling swivel is not coming out accidentally. I can live with it.

mototc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 9, 2012
    I would recommend the 1" or 1 1/4" GI web sling from the Tech Sights website. Also recommended by Project Appleseed
    Cheap and good quality
    I would not use the stud that attaches to the barrel band. The band is usually too loose. Just use the screw in type with some epoxy.

nipprdog

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Jan 11, 2009
    Tippecanoe county
    Uncle Mikes sling swivels. Online at many places or go to Bradis II. I disagree with using the band for the sling swivel. I run a pretty tight sling and that band is plastic. It might break while firing the rifle. Yeah, I ruined my stock and that sling swivel is not coming out accidentally. I can live with it.

I would recommend the 1" or 1 1/4" GI web sling from the Tech Sights website. Also recommended by Project Appleseed
    Cheap and good quality
    I would not use the stud that attaches to the barrel band. The band is usually too loose. Just use the screw in type with some epoxy.

;)

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    While a different stud setup might be better for some applications, their position will decrease resale value of the item.

But a birch 10/22 stock is cheap, so mod away.

I wouldn't do that to an original walnut one.

Top Bottom