• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BeDome

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 20, 2013
    NOBLESVILLE
    Who here will admit that the "take down" feature has lost its charm and they just leave the gun together all the time?

Me.

I have owned many of these since the '70s in many forms. I buy them when I find a half decent deal.

Only had one modern thing that I mainly took down to clean or to show off how it packed up, etc ...

comm2679

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 27, 2017
    East Central
    Mine stays together most of the time, but I LOVE the fact that I have the ability to break it down if need be. I have the stainless/Synthetic model and am going to sell it to fund the purchase of the tactical model that comes with a threaded barrel. I want a break down rifle with a silencer. That will be a sweet setup.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I'm a set and forget type, so went heavy and non take down

GoEnSfu.jpg
    [/IMG]

daventos

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Apr 23, 2017
    Bedford
    I'll admit the takedown feature has lost it's charm. Mine gets stored in the safe in one piece and usually goes to the range in one piece because it will go in a double rifle case easier. It has a pretty high cool factor but I wish I had bought a regular one and used the extra money elsewhere. I do really like the 10/22 rifles though.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    I got my first take down recurve back in '85.
    Neat I thought. But then taking it down meant possibly changing tune, and added risk of stringing error (personal safety and or plus bow damage).
    Know the 10/22 aint exactly like that.........but having to put stuff together to use..........gets old.
    Heck, I hate swapping bbls on shotguns or Contenders. Rather have a whole 'nuther rig set up and ready to go.

STFU

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    17   0   0
    Sep 30, 2015
    Hamilton County
    Thoughts? I am thinking about one, noticed some good prices on them. It would be used for plinking perhaps for mounting a scope to so I can learn how to sight in and use a scope red dot etc.

Thanks

I know I am a bit late to the conversation but...here is my $1.38 (.02 + inflation and taxes):
    I got the 10/22 TD and sighted it in quickly. I do not like the iron sights. They are effective, but not comfortable for 50 to 100 yards. I added the Vortex Diamondback 2-7x35 Rimfire. Holy crap, the 10/22 TD became a very accurate tack driver. My son can hit pennies consistently at 25 yards. He has even split q-tips at that distance. Worth every penny.

The trigger is a bit heavy. I ended up putting in a Kidd "Trigger Job." Pull is now ~3Lbs with a VERY short reset. Worth every penny.
    The factor bolt release sucks. I replaced that too. I left the stock alone. There are tons of accessories to spend money on and it can be addicting.
    The 10/22 is a great rifle all around. The TD version fits my needs.
    You wont go wrong on that decision.
    View attachment 61580

Top Bottom