Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington

Markus

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    May 13, 2015
    Indianapolis
    Thanks much. Still looking at other options as well. Nikon Leupold?

Do yourself a favor. Call Alan at AA Optics before you decide. He won't try and sell you, he will only give you straight advice. Depending on your situation is how he will steer you. He has steered me away from his products in the past only because they would not be the best purchase for what I wanted to accomplish at the time. If you are going to talk with a dealer, at least talk with an honest one. Not that others are not, just sayin...

Bfish

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Feb 24, 2013
    308 Jake... Is the QD setup you have able to return to zero if you remove and reattach the scope? I love iron sights on a 22 and I'd love to have something I could take on and off as I pleased that would hold zero.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    308 Jake... Is the QD setup you have able to return to zero if you remove and reattach the scope? I love iron sights on a 22 and I'd love to have something I could take on and off as I pleased that would hold zero.

I does not go back to sniper 1000 yd head shot accurate, but it is close enough to squirrel hunt with or target practice. I just mark the base where I sighted it in at and so far I'm pleased.

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Im Alan @ AA. The Warne rings in question typically return within 1-1.25 MOA.

As far as scope selection, if you want shorter (should not really matter as it has to be QD to fit in the bag) you should go DBK 1.75-5. Otherwise the Vortex CS2 2-7 would be your best bet.

If your looking for options cheaper than the CS2, stick with irons.

308jake

Master
    Rating - 100%
    78   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Brownsburg
    Do yourself a favor. Call Alan at AA Optics before you decide. He won't try and sell you, he will only give you straight advice. Depending on your situation is how he will steer you. He has steered me away from his products in the past only because they would not be the best purchase for what I wanted to accomplish at the time. If you are going to talk with a dealer, at least talk with an honest one. Not that others are not, just sayin...

Agree 100%. Don't take my word for anything scope related when you have easy access to the guru.

IT is like rubbing the magic lamp......bam....he shows up

Booya

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    44   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Fort Fun
    Allen hooked me up with my Vortex Crossfir II and a set of low rings (can't recall ring type atm). Worked out great and fits in the bag w/o QD. I love the set up!

42769vette

Grandmaster
    Industry Partner
    Rating - 100%
    52   0   0
    Oct 6, 2008
    south of richmond in
    Allen hooked me up with my Vortex Crossfir II and a set of low rings (can't recall ring type atm). Worked out great and fits in the bag w/o QD. I love the set up!

If you can, PM me your real name. Id like to look up what rings/scope I sent you. Its been my experience no scope/ring combo fits in the bag without modifying the bag. If thats not the case I need to update my advise.

bwframe

Loneranger
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Feb 11, 2008
    Btown Rural
    ... Its been my experience no scope/ring combo fits in the bag without modifying the bag. If thats not the case I need to update my advise.

I just checked mine. If you are willing to go to the bigger pouch on the opposite side, it will fit and zip fairly easily w/o QD. Couldn't say how rough it might be on the scope without adding some padding between the separate halves though.

Faine

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Feb 2, 2012
    Indy (South Side)
    If you can, PM me your real name. Id like to look up what rings/scope I sent you. Its been my experience no scope/ring combo fits in the bag without modifying the bag. If thats not the case I need to update my advise.

I run a Viper PST 1-4 in a Bobro QD (RTZ) Mount and it fits in the bag nicely in the pouch next to the barrel. Re-attaches and maintains zero every time. Not the cheapest option, but I absolutely love it. (no need to modify the bag at all)

Top Bottom