• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • HighStrung

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Feb 5, 2010
    Pendleton
    everys ideas are appreciated, i shot it today and it jammed a couple times i put 500 rounds and i also got a banana clip anyone esle have this problem?

Another issue may still be low round count. I was warned that it wasn't impossible to see some jam issues in the first 100 rounds. I had 3 during the first 50 rds, then another from 50-100, havn't had a single problem since (101-2000). Your first post mentioned "like new", maybe this is the problem.

jlm262

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    indianapolis
    well i ran about 500 rounds thought it today and i do hope that its either the mag or something simple, what kind of ammo do you folks use?

Rating - 100%
    139   0   0
    Sep 3, 2010
    I've got a relatively stock 10/22 with some minor mods, Power Custom hammer and sear kit, Shock Stop bolt buffer, mag release and bolt release mod and I love this little thing. Super fun to shoot, mine feeds any brand of ammo, though it doesn't shoot them all well. Above mentioned was the Federal bulk pack ammo, which is great if your 10/22 like it, mine doesn't. I shoot 2" groups with that ammo at 50yds, yet Wolf target/match keeps my groups the size of nickels at 50yds. The only cheap bulk pack stuff mine shoots well is the Winchester Dynapoint. Before you buy a boat load of ammo, shoot a variety of brands to see what your 10/22 likes best. Other than that, have fun, you're gonna love this thing. Also, beware of the addiction, I've seen several people who end up with $800+ in their 10/22 builds (I won't be far from that amount by the end of the summer, lol).
    This one hit it without detail I'm looking for, but I've heard good things about the bolt lock and release modification, and magazine release extension.

Anyone have particular brand they'll vouch for on those two items?

fiveduece

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 11, 2011
    Terre Haute
    my 10/22 was brand new when i got it, and I still use the factory magazine. It still jams on me 1 in every 50 shots probably. Only ammo Ive used is the federal bulk packs my local walmart had on sale. Im hoping when i change ammo, this problem will go away. I just opened my last pack of 550 today, so hopefully ill be out of this ammo soon and can try something new. Then I think ill start looking at some butler creek extended mags. :) Love the gun though, I was hitting a 5" target today at 100 yards, with a scope.

jlm262

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 6, 2011
    indianapolis
    i have the butler creek mag and its really not worth the 30 dollars unless it has steel lips i put 500 roungs through it and it got a little weak. but thats the only thing i didnt like. but i also used federal ammo, so maybe thats our problem!

Simon6101

Master
    Rating - 100%
    154   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Sw Indy(Camby)
    Ammo and mags

I have several of this rifle and I use nothing but Federal bulk pack ammo and the factory mags. I use a product call Tri-mag if I want to carry more than the 10 rds a factory mag carries. With the Tri-mag it combines 3 factory mags.

sirxtc

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 19, 2011
    I have had one of these for some time now. I haven't upgraded a thing on it.

I read several posts here about it jamming. I guess I have the lucky golden one. I have not had a misfire or a jam once in this thing. I use whatever walmart has at the time for it. LOL Winchester Super X. I dunno if that is suggested ammo or not.

Anyways good luck with your new gun.

Top Bottom