• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Amattern

Expert
    Rating - 97.1%
    66   2   0
    Jan 4, 2011
    Terre Haute, IN
    Im looking to buy a Ruger 10/22. Does anyone know of any Walmarts in Indianapolis that sell rifles. any gun stores have good prices? looking for the cheapest model since the plan is to change mostly everything anyways.

indykid

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jan 27, 2008
    Westfield
    Haven't shopped for one in a long time, but I saw Gander has them for $219 or so. If you can find one at a Walmart I would guess it should be cheaper. Checked the Walmart by me (Westfield/Carmel store), and they aren't getting firearms in the near future.

TwinSix

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Aug 29, 2010
    Indy South Side
    Greenwood Wal-mart on Co Line had some. there was a thread last week or so w/ the wal mart gun catalog. it was fairly extensive, for a non gun shop. BRADIS always has some, and they know a lot about aftermarket items too.

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    The cheapest version is the one I started with on my build. Carbine with hardwood (not walnut) stock. The Model 1103 (catalog #10/22-RB 1103).

Scutter01

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    If you're changing everything anyway, why bother buying the rifle at all? Just assemble your own out of whatever 10/22 parts you were planning to use. I did the same thing you're planning to do and I ended up wasting $200 on it. The only thing left of my original purchase is the trigger group, and I could have used that $200 to get a race trigger for it.

patience0830

.22 magician
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 96.6%
    28   1   0
    Nov 3, 2008
    Not far from the tree
    with scutter

Buy a Nodak spud rcvr with the 20 MOA rail and build from there. There is no reason to start with a whole gun. Unless you're trying to build a shooter on the cheap by doing the trigger and bolt mods yourself and sending the bbl off to be set back and rechambered.:yesway:

PriestEG

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    10   0   0
    May 4, 2011
    Indianapolis
    it was recently anounced that walmart will begin to carry firearms at over 2000 locations and they have better prices, but wont give the extra benifits of buying at gander

RelicHound

Grandmaster
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 30, 2009
    SW IN
    If you're changing everything anyway, why bother buying the rifle at all? Just assemble your own out of whatever 10/22 parts you were planning to use. I did the same thing you're planning to do and I ended up wasting $200 on it. The only thing left of my original purchase is the trigger group, and I could have used that $200 to get a race trigger for it.

I bought one with plans on using it as a platform...when I got done I had two tricked out 10/22s:dunno: I started with the trigger,then barrel and stock,then decided I wanted a different barrel and trigger and then said to hell with it and bought a receiver and used all the left over parts from the first one to build a second one..then replaced all of those with KIDD parts...its a never ending cycle...but Ive decided short of putting a swarovski or zeiss scope on either one of them there isnt much that can be upgraded.:): I started with a plan to not go over $500...and ended up having over $2k in both rifles put together.
    my advise..dont upgrade anything..if you do,you wont be able to stop.:laugh:

MtnBiker6510

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Feb 19, 2011
    Fort Wayne
    Nice thing about buying the whole gun is you can get into it "piecemeal". Start with barrel, stock, release, etc. Once you are ready to drop large bills on a receiver, bolt, trigger, you can put the originals back into your 1st rifle and you still have a functional original 10/22. (mine is being saved for my 4yr old when he's old enough).

zombiekilla

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 6, 2011
    Mt. Vernon
    I bought a used 10/22 at whittakers in Owensboro, KY. I think I gave $125 for it and started tearing it apart and ordering stuff when I got it home. If you buy the stainless, the reciever is powdercoated but with some steel wool and some semichrome you can scrub it off and make it shine!!

Top Bottom