• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • jharrison

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    I was considering buying a tactical 10/22 but have decided I would rather by the base model and build it myself anyone have parts suggestions or tips?

Bmrdude

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Aug 26, 2008
    Got a 10/22. Not tactical but more of a tack-driver. Bull barrel, bipod, scope, after-market stock, stock mags. The gun is not a tactical weapon, but very accurate for specific shots on target.

Archer46176

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Jul 21, 2012
    South East of Indy
    Several 10/22s here the last 2 were takedowns and we love em all. I have done some internal modifications and extended mag releases but nothing real big and have bought no parts to do the modifications. They just announced on FB that the new take down model will have a Ruger flash hider attached and there were to be some modifications to their tactical 10/22 model as well.
    I am considering ha ing the barrels of our threaded and the stock sights moved back a touch last time I checked it was about 70.00 to do both things.

Sniper 79

Master
    Rating - 100%
    19   0   0
    Oct 7, 2012
    I have several and all are great. I shoot the bull target model the most. I was easily breaking clay birds on the back berm at 150yrds. I think it is cheaper to buy one already done. Make sure it is a gun you want to keep for a long time if building from scratch. It is going to be costly. I have seen guys build them and have a grand into them and my factory gun shoots right with them at about 350 bucks invested. I got a hell of a deal on mine and did some horse trading to get it. If I were going tactical I would go with a stock VLEH model and bolt on a few things if you got to.

1911ly

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Dec 11, 2011
    South Bend
    I have a 10-22 I started up dating this last fall. Green Mountain barrel Voltquartsen trigger and some Kidd parts. The 10-22 has so many options available. The 15-22's aren't as update-able as the 10-22 IMHO. The 15-22's are fun though. If your looking to get your hands dirty tinkering and learning some basic gun working skills the 10-22 is the bomb.

Spikedog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Lafayette
    I was considering buying a tactical 10/22 but have decided I would rather by the base model and build it myself anyone have parts suggestions or tips?

The 10/22 can be anything you want it to be. All the parts are available online, from tactical to target. My son and I built a tactical-style one for his birth day and had a great time.

Another thing is that you don't have to get all the parts at once. Get them a little at a time as you can afford it.

Good luck

gregkl

Outlier
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    33   0   0
    Apr 8, 2012
    Bloomington
    If you were going to get one to shoot Steel Challenge rim fire rifle division, which one would you get? Or how would you set one up?

I am going to shoot SC this Summer rim fire pistol only, but I may want to jump into the rifle part at some point.

Spikedog

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jan 12, 2011
    Lafayette
    My steel gun is basically set-up with a Hogue stock, a good trigger job, and a red-dot scope. This is all you really need for steel.

jharrison

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 5, 2013
    Thanks for all the ideas. I'm looking at something I could do over time not and just tinker with and have some fun.

68chappy

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 12, 2012
    imo the 10/22 is the most reliable and like other have said there are an enormous amout of parts available and butler creek has some real nice stuff for them too. I have had several over the years and they are great.

ol' poke

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 14, 2010
    I bought a stock one from Dicks during their BF sale last year. Ordered a Hogue OM stock and a threaded bull barrel. I have a scope from a previous project. Youtube has lots of mod videos. Now if I can just find some BX-25 mags for <$75! :dunno:

(I'll put the orig. barrel and stock in the classifieds soon!)

ol' poke

Mitchell0481

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Oct 21, 2012
    Crown point
    Keep your eyes open, they seem to pop up. I got my last one from my brother, he just had it in the corner of his porch. He said it had been there for years, he just gave it to me. Lol lucky find.

Top Bottom