• View up to date on firearm-related events
  • Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • ART338WM

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Jun 2, 2013
    Just my personal opinion, but I think Ruger would have been MUCH better off with a higher capacity closer to that of the Glock of around 12 or more rounds. Possibly prohibited by something inherent to the 1911 design maybe? But capacity in full sized HG's is a major selling point.

churchmouse

I still care....Really
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    187   0   0
    Dec 7, 2011
    Speedway area
    Just my personal opinion, but I think Ruger would have been MUCH better off with a higher capacity closer to that of the Glock of around 12 or more rounds. Possibly prohibited by something inherent to the 1911 design maybe? But capacity in full sized HG's is a major selling point.

Para had an entire line of double stacks in 45 ACP. It is doable. My 10mm Bob commander is a 9 shot (10mm)

Hohn

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2012
    USA
    There's a certain irony IMO of running a 10mm in a 1911. The 10mm was all about improving on the .45; it was Cooper's effort to build a more modern combat handgun caliber that would have more power AND more capacity.

And then we turn around and load this modern, hi performance pistol cartridge...in a single stack 1911.

It's like putting Cam 2 in a Model T.

*zips up flame suit*

There are ways to run 10mm in a 1911 that work for me:

http://cdn.danwessonfirearms.com/ou.../07/DW-Elite-Series-Titan-10mm-1976-right.png
    DW-Elite-Series-Titan-10mm-1976-right.png

Or especially this:

Dan-Wesson-Bruin-Bronze-10mm-right.png

jamil

code ho
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 17, 2011
    Gtown-ish
    A couple of years ago I got the bug for 10mm. I wanted either a delta elite or a Sig p220. But then I thought well, what if I don't really like it and spend that much for it. So my wife talked me int buying something cheaper, shoot it for awhile, and if I like it enough, sell the cheap one and get what I want. So I bought a RAI 10mm 1911. And I enjoy the hell out of shooting it.

So now I'm thinking about upgrading. I rarely run hotter ammo through the RAI because I don't want to wear it out sooner. So now I'd like to get something Nice, something I feel is built to handle shooting hotter loads out of. The Rugers look interesting. But CM's customes are like :drool:

Top Bottom