• ...and so much more!
  • billybob44

Master
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    385   0   0
    Sep 22, 2010
    In the Man Cave
    10mm has a cult like following, that currently seems to be gaining popularity. It's too soon to tell if this is a fad.
    However, your hard core 10mm followers will usually reload due to the cost and availability of 10mm ammo. When you reload the 10mm it's easy to attain pressures that would be very abusive on many auto frames,(but still safe) and the revolvers can easily handle these pressures.
    It's also fun to see the reaction people have to revolvers but, that may quickly fade.
    Edit: 10mm revolvers accept moon clips also making it popular in some competitions and, it will shoot 40 S&W, which to me is pointless.

"it popular in some competitions and, it will shoot 40 S&W, which to me is pointless."
    ^^^Have you seen the amount of .40 S&W brass that is almost rolling down the street at most every range??==Dirt cheap/free brass for just messing around..Bill.

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    "it popular in some competitions and, it will shoot 40 S&W, which to me is pointless."
    ^^^Have you seen the amount of .40 S&W brass that is almost rolling down the street at most every range??==Dirt cheap/free brass for just messing around..Bill.

Very good point, I've got a bucket or two of it myself, and I shoot and carry 40 everyday.
    Shooting 40 S&W from a revolver requires a little more work when cleaning the cylinder because of the "jump" the bullet makes when fired. If this is not addressed it can cause issues when you go back to shooting 10mm out of that cylinder.

Route 45

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    93   0   0
    Dec 5, 2015
    Indy
    Edit: 10mm revolvers accept moon clips also making it popular in some competitions and, it will shoot 40 S&W, which to me is pointless.

Maybe not as pointless as a 10mm in a revolver in the first place, though. :):

10mm is a great semiauto round, but it's a weak sister compared to every other caliber that the Super Redhawk is chambered in.

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    Not something I'm interested in, but I suppose a lower recoil way to shoot hot 10mm. All that weight should make it a fairly tame shooter.

x10

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 11, 2009
    Martinsville, IN
    It's a shame that the market is so gun of the moment. its going to get harder and harder to find good starter and frames to build bullseye guns when the classic revolvers finally are gone. If they would make enough of the 9, 40, 10mm revolvers that people could start using them in the matches we could get 40 moved into the 45 class and use 9mm for centerfire class. It would be nice If you could get some 9mm and 40/10mm in true bullseye class accuracy

71silverbullet

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    36   0   0
    Oct 30, 2010
    Southern, In
    I don't at all disagree that the Super Redhawk is a behemoth platform for the 10mm, but it is exciting to see manufactures taking notice in the demand the market has for the caliber.
    I would think others will notice and follow the money.

indiucky

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Not something I'm interested in, but I suppose a lower recoil way to shoot hot 10mm. All that weight should make it a fairly tame shooter.

I could see it in this platform....The old "Redhawk" rather than "Super Redhawk" in a snub nose or 3 inch barrel..

ruger_super_compact_redhawk_f.jpg

shibumiseeker

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    49   0   0
    Nov 11, 2009
    near Bedford on a whole lot of land.
    How soon before some revolver only 10MM loads are developed?

About ten minutes after I get mine.

I have some special 10mm nuclear rounds that only get shot through one gun. I have two such guns each with their own rounds.

I'm betting I could drive them hotter through the revolver, there's plenty of case capacity left even with my nuclear rounds.

hopper68

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Nov 15, 2011
    Pike County
    I'm liking it. However I wish it was on the gp100 frame!

I wonder why they made it on the Super Redhawk, and not they GP100? I guess they figured they have it in .44 Special, so why make it in 10mm? :dunno:

Needed to be a GP100 frame

I hope so, I need one badly.

If it was in the GP 100 frame I'd pick one up for sure!

Ruger is listening

They will bring it out in other frames at time goes by. Just wait a while.

The time is now, just wait a bit before it hits the stores.

https://ruger.com/products/gp100MatchChampion/specSheets/1775.html

AmmoManAaron

Master
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Feb 20, 2015
    I-get-around
    Needs a 38-40 cylinder to go with it.

^^^This^^^

Plus one other point - Since it uses moon clips, I would ream it out to 10mm Magnum. It has the strength and cylinder length for it, plus then it would be able to shoot 10mm Mag, 10mm, and 40 S&W all with just the one cylinder - pure Mad Max style awesomeness!

ETA: I've been really tempted to get one of these guns just for the 3 caliber factor once reamed out, even without the pipe-dream 38-40 cylinder that would make this bad boy a 4 caliber gun.

Top Bottom