• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Limpy88

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    38   0   0
    Nov 12, 2009
    Lafayette
    ruger bought the rights from keltec to copy their p3at. the guns function the same. but ruger has put a slide lock, the mag relase isn't out in the open(p3at is) and the grip is more ergonomic. i chose the lcp over the p3at because the way it fit my hand better.

Rating - 100%
    21   0   0
    Dec 24, 2008
    Way up North
    I love my LCP, It's not a shooter,but a greate pocket gun.
    A couple of other differences from the P3at are the LCP is a glass-filled nylon frame not polymer and IMO the LCP has a much better finish on the slide.

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Look for one with a serial # starting with 372XXXXX or larger. There was a recall on the #370 LCP's to install hammer blocks and the #371's were still having minor problems but getting better. They seem to have the bugs worked out of them pretty well now.

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 7, 2009
    I have a LCP. Wherever I go, it goes.

Tough to find practice ammo for. At least at a good price.

XDs4me

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 26, 2009
    NW Indiana
    I have a LCP with the CT laser while it is a good pocket gun it does seem to sting the hand a bit after about 25 rounds. I also have one of the new Diamond back 380's which has a much better fit and finish and is a whole lot more enjoyable to shoot. If you can get you hands on both of theses to shoot that would be ideal. But for me My BUG is the DB380.
    [img=http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/3319/db380.th.jpg]

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 5, 2008
    10°17'42.48"N 85°5
    Have not shot an LCP but owned a P3AT (very briefly). Was not happy at all. Would not feed worth a :poop:. Grip was thin and hard to hold on to under recoil. Shot it 3 times and got rid of it. Bought a Beretta Tomcat from an INGO member and love it. It has a fuller grip area that is easy to hold on to and it fits in the pocket. My :twocents:

MrFive

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 29, 2010
    Hamilton County
    Not a bad little pistol, better fit and finish than the Kel-Tec. Im still debating between the LCP and the Magnum Research Micro Eagle for a summer time gun.

nate77

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Bunker Hill
    I've shot a friends LCP, the gun is very snappy, and just all around tough to shoot accurately.

I have a Taurus TCP which shoots much softer, and just handles better. It also comes with two magazines, and had a last round hold open. I expect the TCP's stainless slide will wear better too, since pocket guns are so easy to carry, that they'll get carried all the time.

Magnum314

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    50   0   0
    Jan 12, 2010
    Central Indiana
    Look for one with a serial # starting with 372XXXXX or larger. There was a recall on the #370 LCP's to install hammer blocks and the #371's were still having minor problems but getting better. They seem to have the bugs worked out of them pretty well now.

Correct....other than that...I am VERY pleased with my LCP. Have it AND a P3AT and much prefer the LCP! Better feel to it in my opinion...and never a bit of porblems out of either of them...but I think I give the edge to the LCP mainly because of quality (feel) and finish. It is smoother and more comfortable to shoot and carry. It goes EVERYWHERE!

By the way...the mags for Kel Tec work in the LCP...but not reverse. ANd the Kel Tec Belt clip is a perfect fit for the LCP as well.

Shoots4Fun

Master
    Rating - 100%
    74   0   0
    Dec 21, 2008
    Indianapolis, IN
    I have a Bersa 380 and got the LCP at the end of last year. I just took it out a few weeks ago for the first time and put about 150 rounds through it, mostly target ammo but about 25 personal protection rounds with hollow points. It shot flawlessly with zero (0) FTF's.

I really love it so far. Easy to shoot and easy to clean. I thought it would be a lot harder to hold onto from everything I had read, but it was not bad at all. I have carried everywhere with me since. I know there is some debate about the stopping power of the 380 ammo versus others, but to me it is the perfect cc gun: comfortable, reasonable stopping power, concealable, reliable. Plus it's easy enough to carry a second loaded clip as well with it since it is so small.

I love the Bersa. It shoots unbelievably smooth and reliable, but to me, the LCP is even better because of the size and fit and finish. I really considered the Kel-Tec's but the smooth lines and nice finish were important to me. Call me vain, but if it can deliver and look nice, I prefer it.

Here is snapshot of the very first mag I ran through it at the pistol range at FCVCC:

picture.php

My :twocents:...

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 23, 2009
    OHIO
    IMHO,
    not a pleasure to shoot at all, it stings, it's not accurate and it's finkley. Someone mention polishing the feed ramp and an after market recoil spring, that's not how a good pistol is suppose to be, it's suppose to be gtg out the box. The LCP left a sour taste in my mouth for ruger's pistols and pocket pistols in general.

Halworks

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 1, 2010
    Greentown, Indiana
    I love my LCP, unlike alot of people I find that it is a fun gun to shoot. I'm glad that 380 ammo is getting easier to find. I got 400 rounds of target ammo the other day. I was shocked that I found it. I went out hunting ammo today and found some more. I carry it with me everyday. I had a custom kydex holster made for it. Can't even tell it is on my belt.

GlockMan40

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2010
    I have a LCP with the CT laser while it is a good pocket gun it does seem to sting the hand a bit after about 25 rounds. I also have one of the new Diamond back 380's which has a much better fit and finish and is a whole lot more enjoyable to shoot. If you can get you hands on both of theses to shoot that would be ideal. But for me My BUG is the DB380.
    [img=http://img192.imageshack.us/img192/3319/db380.th.jpg]
    I was interested to see how your DiamondBack was working. I have a buddy that bought one and has had nothing but trouble. He hasent put 150 rounds through it and its in the shop again for repairs. It just stops shooting. Pull trigger and nothing. Thats is a huge problem.

sheriff125

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Aug 29, 2009
    Morgan Co
    I have a LCP with the CT laser, too it is ok but would prolly sell it if someone offered me something for it. i just can't get away from my g26

DDay47

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 8, 2009
    I have owned both the Kel-Tec and the LCP. Kept the LCP just because of a better feel and looks. Have shot about 150 rds thru it with no problems. Accuracy is pretty good out to 15 yds but the sights are really hard to see.

Top Bottom