• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I bought a ruger american in .223. I put rounds in clip and they would jam up going into chamber, dented cartridge case real good.I called ruger, only had it 11 days and they gave me a return auth # . I was wondering how ruger treated other guys when they had to return guns.Seems to me they should pay for shipping box to return gun to them, wouldnt let me use original box, had to ship FED-EX.I did shoot rifle by single loading bullet in barrel and it did group very well using american eagle varmint tipped 50 grain ammo.Will let you know in future threads how I was taken care of by ruger.

Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    Apr 8, 2013
    Indianapolis, IN
    I looked at the exact same .223 at GM in Greenfield yesterday. The young fellow that showed it to me spoke highly of it but said he had the EXACT same issue with his as you had with yours. He said he filed the plastic lips a bit and it solved the issue. I was interested in the rifle but now might be a bit gun shy. looking forward to your updates.

Tyler-The-Piker

Boondock Saint
    Rating - 100%
    101   0   0
    Jun 24, 2013
    ><(((((*>
    I have the Ruger American Compact .223
    it came with the one mag and I bought a spare.
    both have cycled rounds flawlessly...
    hope yours (OP) was just a fluke and they take care of you.
    actually it'd be nice if they send you an extra mag for free
    because the cheapest ones I've found (locally) are $40+

diver dan

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jan 21, 2013
    DeMotte
    I had bought a ruger american in 308 last year and it ran great for me, so I didnt hesitate to buy this .223.I also have a ruger american in .22 mag and it runs great, even feed it some tarnished ammo and it went right thru it with no problem, all rifles shot good groups, pretty tight.So I will keep you up on what happens with rugers customer service/repair center.

Top Bottom