• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    I really do like the idea of the rifle, but I do t be lining up for one. Why not just get a savage at that point? There is at least an aftermarket for them.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    I really do like the idea of the rifle, but I do t be lining up for one. Why not just get a savage at that point? There is at least an aftermarket for them.

So what Savage model should I look at to get a heavier barrel and adjustable trigger?

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    What caliber are you looking for?

Or... Any 10, 11, 16, 110, 111, etc with an accutrigger for as cheap as possible in the used market and a couple hundred bucks for a new barrel in your preferred caliber.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    What caliber are you looking for?

Or... Any 10, 11, 16, 110, 111, etc with an accutrigger for as cheap as possible in the used market and a couple hundred bucks for a new barrel in your preferred caliber.

Im looking for 223. I understand your view, however, to buy a gun and then a new barrel runs the price up more than what the Ruger will likely sell for....

Ruger AMER-P 223 PRED MTBLK $362.00 SHIPS FREE

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    223? No problem. Find an 11VT, aka "The Dicks Special". I've own a couple of these and have played with many others. Sub-moa, box stock, $400 rifle.

It is no more than my opinion, but this is the hands down best value on the market for a center fire target/tactical, entry level rifle.

illini40

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 28, 2010
    223? No problem. Find an 11VT, aka "The Dicks Special". I've own a couple of these and have played with many others. Sub-moa, box stock, $400 rifle.

It is no more than my opinion, but this is the hands down best value on the market for a center fire target/tactical, entry level rifle.

Thanks for the suggestion. I'll check it out!

flashpuppy

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Jul 5, 2013
    NWI, Lowell
    I have an American in .270 Win. It's a great shooter, however it's succeptible to wandering when it starts heating up. I'll probably wind up with one in 6.5CM at some point. I'd love to take such a light rifle out on a sheep hunt.

scrub buck

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 5, 2013
    usa
    I haven't seen the predators in the stores here yet. I definitly want a 223 american for a truck gun. I don't care for rugers, but the 8 twist has me wanting one. It's a toss up between the ss and the predator for me.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    TravGreen2703!!
    Top Bottom