• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • tdmman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    South Central Indiana
    Yesterday, I purchased a Ruger Blackhawk .45 with two cylinders. It was advertised as "as new" in the box. It certainly looks new. A serial number check indicates it was made in 1986. From the exterior view, I can not find any differences in the cylinders. They appear identical. What would be the best way to semi-permanently mark the cylinders without damaging the finish? It would be nice to know at a glance what cylinder is installed. The gun is blued - not stainless. Any help would be appreciated.

in625shooter

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 21, 2008
    Yesterday, I purchased a Ruger Blackhawk .45 with two cylinders. It was advertised as "as new" in the box. It certainly looks new. A serial number check indicates it was made in 1986. From the exterior view, I can not find any differences in the cylinders. They appear identical. What would be the best way to semi-permanently mark the cylinders without damaging the finish? It would be nice to know at a glance what cylinder is installed. The gun is blued - not stainless. Any help would be appreciated.

I have a 9mm/357 convertable. On mine the 9mm clynder has the last 3 numbers of the guns serial number on the front of it. Each clynder is fitted to that gun.

The other way is look down into the chamber. You should see the 45 acp chamber has what looks like a slight ring in the middle of it. That is what headspaced the 45acp case mouth on since it is a rimless round.

Also the 45 Colt shouldn't fit into the 45 acp clynder.

tdmman

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 23, 2011
    South Central Indiana
    Roger that. The cylinders do not have any numbers. However, both cylinders have what looks like a "5" or "S" stamped on the end. They both seem to fit the gun well and function properly. I put about 30 rounds downrange with it.

Top Bottom