• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • shotbyspike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Sellersburg
    My .45 blackhawk has recently started giving me a lot of resistant whenever I try to pull the hammer down. Then when I try to decock it, it doesn't fall all the way down. It stops about half way then I have to push it to fall down. I'm not sure what is worn out or miss aligned. I've taken the grip frame off but I'm not sure what I'm looking for. The main spring or hammer spring is in correctly, but besides that I'm not sure what to look for. Please give my any suggestions.

SSGSAD

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Dec 22, 2009
    Town of 900 miles
    Unload the gun, spray your fav lube, gun lube, WD-40, 3 n 1 oil, whatever you have, then try again. Cock it like you would to fire, several times, if this doesn't fix, you may have to dissy, clean, reassy, and try again. Then it might need a 'smith, to look at it ..... :twocents:

shotbyspike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Sellersburg
    Yeah I have taken it apart several times. And now the hammer is completely locked up when the cylinder is in, but the hammer works with the cylinder out. :( The part that comes out and rotates the cylinder is not coming out when the cylinder is in the revolver.

Btw, it looks like lubing help. (embarrassed)
    grrrrrr

Last edited:

shotbyspike

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 2, 2008
    Sellersburg
    No it didn't happen while shooting. This is the gun that is at my desk that I play with, unloaded of course, while I work or using the computer. I just cock and de-cock all during the day. This is why I thought I might have worn something out. So I guess it needed some lube where the hammer and hammer spring unit meet. That seemed to smooth that action out. The gun isn't that old, but for whatever reason now the paw won't come out and move the cylinder.

Hookeye

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 19, 2011
    armpit of the midwest
    Make sure your cylinder rod is all the way in. On New Models they use a spring/pin in the end to keep the transfer bar from getting hung up under the firing pin in cocking.

Top Bottom