• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Looks interesting. I'll wait for some independent reviews before seriously considering a purchase. Looks like they will have less problems feeding than hollow points and less opportunity to clog up in clothes and have inconsistent penetration. I'm curious how they do in ballistics gel and hard barrier tests.

ruger-arx_9mm_luger.png

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    Velocity testing:
    [video=youtube_share;pFKzBdlbHjo]http://youtu.be/pFKzBdlbHjo[/video]

BehindBlueI's

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Oct 3, 2012
    If your gun doesn't feed hollowpoints, get it fixed or get a new gun. I'm still not sure what the point behind all these ultralight bullets is other than to put impressive ME numbers on the box for marketing purposes. I'll stick to "normal" weight bonded HP, thanks.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Hey Ballstater, help out a fellow MAC grad and let me know what the videos said. Having bandwith and laziness issues........

Ballstater98

Certified Bro Shark
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    7   0   0
    Jan 18, 2015
    NWI
    It pretty much preformed like advertised on the box. It has a higher velocity than Hornady Critical Defense in each caliber while muzzle energy is slightly less. When it encounters tougher barriers, it is designed to break up to reduce the risk for collateral damage due to over penetration. The nonexpanding nose design and action of the round focuses maximum terminal energy. The terminal performance equals or exceeds hollow point designs.

Cygnus

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 24, 2009
    New England
    Interesting. I figured it would be at least pretty close to as advertised. Ruger usuallly makes solid reliable products..
    I will have to look out for it. My local Cabela's might have it. I'll do a range report if I find some.

EDIT: Wait, I just read a little more on it. It's an injection molded copper/polymer bullet? WTH? Is copper jacketed polymer?

Last edited:

cosermann

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Aug 15, 2008
    If the energy isn't converted into useful work (i.e. damaging vital body structures) - not much.

Tula47

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    43   0   0
    Jun 28, 2013
    Knox Co.
    There were a few boxes of Ruger branded ammo made in the 70's I believe. A local dealer was one of the first five Ruger dealers and he has 3 or 4 boxes of "Ruger" 30-06 that he received basically as a mistake. This stuff is a whole different animal but looks very interesting

Nam1911

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 8, 2015
    Evansville
    This ammo is not designed to damage tissue. It is designed to damage ballistics gel. Get real. Damaging tissue is nothing new. These flutes just push ballistics gel out of the way making it look cool in the blocks. I doubt these will do REAL damage like a REAL hollow point.

What people don't understand is living tissue, muscle, bone, tendons, react nothing like ballistics gel. OOOhhh AHHHH look at that 6 inch temporary cavity during that freeze frame. Do you really think muscle and bone in a living animal is going to have a big ass 6 inch temporary cavity? No because there is more mass surrounding the wound cavity. I enjoy seeing all these new snake oil bullets coming out. Its amusing to watch.

kalboy

Master
    Site Supporter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Jun 10, 2009
    S Indiana
    There were a few boxes of Ruger branded ammo made in the 70's I believe. A local dealer was one of the first five Ruger dealers and he has 3 or 4 boxes of "Ruger" 30-06 that he received basically as a mistake. This stuff is a whole different animal but looks very interesting

A local gent with a very extensive interest in firearms has several boxes of various Ruger 22LR ammo from back then.
    He was given these by John T Amber , and was told by Amber that Ruger toyed with the idea of marketing ammo then passed on the idea.

chipbennett

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Oct 18, 2014
    Avon
    This ammo is not designed to damage tissue. It is designed to damage ballistics gel. Get real. Damaging tissue is nothing new. These flutes just push ballistics gel out of the way making it look cool in the blocks. I doubt these will do REAL damage like a REAL hollow point.

What people don't understand is living tissue, muscle, bone, tendons, react nothing like ballistics gel. OOOhhh AHHHH look at that 6 inch temporary cavity during that freeze frame. Do you really think muscle and bone in a living animal is going to have a big ass 6 inch temporary cavity? No because there is more mass surrounding the wound cavity. I enjoy seeing all these new snake oil bullets coming out. Its amusing to watch.

Where's Wil Willis with his pig carcasses?

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Latest posts

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    GlockFrenzy
    Top Bottom