• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • zoglog

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    56   0   0
    Sep 20, 2009
    Hendricks Co
    Too bad the ammo costs almost as much as the gun.........
    It’s $42/50 at several places in Indy. So it’s come way down. And with more and more guns in the caliber, hopefully more manufacturers for ammo.

Hate looking at boxes that have $29 stickers on them that I’ve had for a while though.

ECS686

Master
    Rating - 100%
    4   0   0
    Dec 9, 2017
    Brazil
    I saw one in the wild. Nothing against Ruger but to me the LC Carbine when I handled it was like they took a 57 pistol grip and threw a KelTec upper on it. I’ll pass

ditcherman

Grandmaster
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Dec 18, 2018
    In the country, hopefully.
    How much work? I have a PS90 I want to SBR and suppress. What don’t I know ?
    I’m sure I don’t know all the details but I know that the OEM flash hider is pinned to the barrel to meet length requirements, and that the thing you see sticking out is not the actual barrel, but the barrel shroud. It all has to come apart, and the barrel has to be threaded, but if you don’t sbr it the shroud is still kinda there somehow. Most people that suppress also sbr at the same time, and IIRC they’re sending their barrel off to have the work done, and of course waiting on the stamp.
    Maybe it’s not all that complicated, but compared to an AR it seems like it.

Amishman44

Master
    Rating - 98%
    49   1   0
    Dec 30, 2009
    Woodburn
    I'd rather see a PC Carbine in 45 acp.
    Bingo...I've shied away from 5.7 due to ammo costs as well as ammo availability, but to be able to run a long gun in the venerable .45 acp would be awesome, especially for in and around the home!!!

Last edited:

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    Has anyone done any accuracy testing with the new ruger carbine? I don’t expect it will rag one hole at 100 but 6 inches at 100 would detour me from buying one.

1nderbeard

Master
    Local Business Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Apr 3, 2017
    Hendricks County
    Has anyone done any accuracy testing with the new ruger carbine? I don’t expect it will rag one hole at 100 but 6 inches at 100 would detour me from buying one.
    Not on paper, but the .40 ruger PC takedown hits 100 yard targets pretty easily. Shooting an 8 inch gong with irons. Wasn't really going for match accuracy, just practical accuracy for a truck gun carbine.

woody131

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    94   0   0
    Nov 24, 2010
    Morgantown
    Not on paper, but the .40 ruger PC takedown hits 100 yard targets pretty easily. Shooting an 8 inch gong with irons. Wasn't really going for match accuracy, just practical accuracy for a truck gun carbine.
    Truck gun accuracy is almost a given. I was hoping to use the 5.7 as a varmint rifle. Ballistic wise it’s 22 hornet so 20rd semi auto is very appealing. But hitting a running coyote at 100-150 yards is testing my skill set to say the least. If the rifle is only minute of man accurate I’m not going to lay down any money.

Top Bottom