• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    Just wanted to know what you think of the Ruger Charger? I have one with an NcStar LER variable scope and it is a blast! I can consistantly hit a 6" plate at 125 yards and even hit out to 150 on some occasions. All of this with regular non-competition ammo. This may not be expert marksmanship but I was happy with the results.....:draw:

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    About 5"....Is that pretty good?

i am not sure 5'' seems a bit odd for drop data... my dope is telling me that with a 40 grain projectile with a muzzle velocity of 1080 (typical for match ammo) that at 120 yards out of my rifle (16 inch barrel) i have to dial just over 10 MOA... that translates to around 12 inches of drop... what ammo are you shooting?

IndyGunworks

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    25   0   0
    Feb 22, 2009
    Carthage IN
    hitting a 6 inch plate at 100 is not exacltly PRECISE, but more than most will do with a .22 not necissarly because they CANT do it, but because there are alot that wont push their .22's that far... at 100 wind becomes a pretty larg problem as well... either way thats some pretty good shooting from a pistol.

paperboy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    11   0   0
    Apr 18, 2009
    Pulaski County
    When I said 5" that is what it looked like thru the scope....Sorry, I should have made it more clear....That said, it was probably 10-11" at the target. I think the ammo was Federal Spitfire.

mach58

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 9, 2008
    Greenfield
    My buddy and I were skipping golf balls down the range with ours. They shoot better than some of my 22 rifles do. I also put the NC star 2x7 on mine. For $42 shipped, they're not too bad.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    what is your dope/holdover to 125 yards with the charger?

About 5"....Is that pretty good?

i am not sure 5'' seems a bit odd for drop data... my dope is telling me that with a 40 grain projectile with a muzzle velocity of 1080 (typical for match ammo) that at 120 yards out of my rifle (16 inch barrel) i have to dial just over 10 MOA... that translates to around 12 inches of drop... what ammo are you shooting?

When I said 5" that is what it looked like thru the scope....Sorry, I should have made it more clear....That said, it was probably 10-11" at the target. I think the ammo was Federal Spitfire.

Depends on what your zero is and the distance from the bore centerline to your line of sight through the scope. If you have it zeroed at 115 yds, then 5" drop to 125 is pretty bad. If it's zeroed @25 yds, then it's shooting pretty flat.

curraheeguns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    77   0   0
    Nov 8, 2008
    NW Hendricks County
    If anyone is interested I have a charger barrel and a charger stock I want to sell, I didn't like mine so I SBR'd the receiver.

Just never got around to putting it in the classifieds I don't think. It is at BGF in the case right now but it has been there forever at my old asking price.

Top Bottom