• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    Building my Ruger Collection, I had to get the SR1911 and wanted to commander size. While at the store my wife decided she wanted the exact same gun... Oh darn :)

LCP is my work carry
    SR9c tends to my carry in most other situations
    SR1911 CMD, will be trying this out as my new carry while not at work.

Next, Ruger wheel guns!!
    IMG_2413.jpg

lucky4034

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jan 14, 2012
    Nice collection... SR1911 is on my "future buy" list somewhere between Mega Arms MATEN and Beretta Pico

Beemer

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Mar 27, 2011
    Bloomington
    I love my sr9c and I thought about the LCP, but I have big hands and have been told it is uncomfortable to shoot. What do you think?

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    I love my sr9c and I thought about the LCP, but I have big hands and have been told it is uncomfortable to shoot. What do you think?

Its really not bad at all, I have good size hands, I can only get two fingers on the grip and it was really weird at first but after taking it to the range a few times its get comfortable. With the .380 round it doesnt really kick at all even with the small weight of the gun. It is my most carried gun, I carry it 5 days a week to work and honestly I am most thankful I have it. I am in sales and deal with a lot of customers visiting me and it is nice to know that I can protect myself without making a client uncomfortable.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    I have about over dosed on Ruger handguns. NV /357, NV 45 LC stainless, Blackhawk Buckeye Convertible 32-20/32 H&R, Speed Six 357. Speed Six 9 mm. Speed Six 357 revolver marked as a Service Six, Security Six 357 stainless, Service Six 357 blued, GP100 357 1/2 shroud, GP100 327 federal, SP101 327 federal and a SR1911 in 45acp. And, I'm searching for a Redhawk.

The older generation Ruger revolvers (the Six Series/ Security Six, Service Six and Speed Six) are starting to appreciate rapidly. The values have increased about 25% in the last 18 months. I would recommend adding one to your collection before they get even more expensive.

Otherwise, you can't get to many Ruger handguns.

Tnichols00

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 24, 2012
    Columbia City
    The older generation Ruger revolvers (the Six Series/ Security Six, Service Six and Speed Six) are starting to appreciate rapidly. The values have increased about 25% in the last 18 months. I would recommend adding one to your collection before they get even more expensive.

Otherwise, you can't get to many Ruger handguns.
    Thanks for the advice! I have been wanting a few ruger wheel guns for a while but keep buying other guns for whatever silly reason so maybe this information will get my butt in gear to get a few.

JBI812

Sharpshooter
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    14   0   0
    Jan 28, 2012
    East side Indianapol
    You guys with Ruger GP100, SP101 and Redhawk revolvers need to check into a trigger enhancement. Brett Havlin of Havlin Firearms (Brownsburg) did mine and it's night to day difference in how these old revolvers shoot. The trigger rebound and hammer springs are really strong from the factory and it's hard to stay on target with a 17 pound trigger pull.

Deet

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    15   0   0
    Aug 21, 2009
    NWI
    Ruger Police service six has to be one of the best guns ever produced. I love mine. It is strong, accurate and carries easily for a .357 magnum.
    a023.jpg

Top Bottom