• ...and so much more!
  • 1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Got an email from Whittaker Guns advertising a new Ruger for $209. I ordered one for $228.98 shipped to my FFL. Orders are to start shipping around the 3rd.
    https://shop.whittakerguns.com/product/1712201020110

Here's the Ruger website explaining the cost saving features. Most noticeable are the integral sights on the slide. As well as coming with one mag. The LC9 mags fit and function
    https://ruger.com/products/ec9s/models.html

I had one of the first LC9's and had no issues with it though I up traded for a S&W 3913 all for the price of gas to drive to Indy almost a yr later. I figure Since my mom is going to be getting my CZ 70 I need a new motorcycle carry.

Just don't tell my wife or she'll more than likely blow a fuse.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I own an LC9 and an LC9s and man that is one helluva good price for what is essentially the same handgun. Ruger will have a home run with this and just in time for Christmas. (Put the AR under the tree and one of these in the stocking)

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    So on Tuesday I got an email stating my firearm was shipped. It will arrive today though with my work schedule I won't be able to pick up till Friday. Pretty impressed with the turn around time even during the pre and post holiday buying. I also got 2 more mags off Midway for 17.99 each on sale. Ruger must of made enough EC9's before making the announcement last wed in order to be able to ship out in a week.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    Picked it up today and fired 14 rds of mix ball and hp. Had no issues. The sights for being integral to the slide were right on at roughly 7yds. The first few shots were a tad right high but I was able to quickly adjust and keep the rest of the shots in a fist sized group. I called Ruger and they told me my EC9 was produced in Nov. Ruger had the sense to make a bunch before coming out last week with the new announcement. On a scale of 1- 10 of satisfaction I'm at a 9.

Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 29, 2016
    Bloomington
    I dont understand why gun manufactures dont do this. Throw in half a dozen mags at a discounted price. Springfield should do this instead of the junky holster and mag pouch.

if bodyguard 2.0 has a better trigger than 1.0 ill be looking at one hard.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    What could have been done to make the experience a perfect 10?

I haven't put more rounds down range yet since I only have one mag till the 2 from midway come as mcapo has it right, but I guess to give it a perfect 10 would be if they didn't include the mag disconnect. I think they could of lowered the street price to at or below 200.

boensig

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2017
    Kokomo
    I saw this on display at the local gun store and I was thinking of picking it up since it's fairly cheap. I already own the LC9s but I'm wondering what exactly is different besides the sights.

1775usmarine

Sleeper
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    81   0   0
    Feb 15, 2013
    IN
    I saw this on display at the local gun store and I was thinking of picking it up since it's fairly cheap. I already own the LC9s but I'm wondering what exactly is different besides the sights.

The slide and barrel is black oxide vs blue. Other than that its still a great pistol.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    Picked it up today and fired 14 rds of mix ball and hp. Had no issues. The sights for being integral to the slide were right on at roughly 7yds. The first few shots were a tad right high but I was able to quickly adjust and keep the rest of the shots in a fist sized group. I called Ruger and they told me my EC9 was produced in Nov. Ruger had the sense to make a bunch before coming out last week with the new announcement. On a scale of 1- 10 of satisfaction I'm at a 9.

Thanks for the review. This is something I will be recommending to anyone looking for a decent single stack 9 at a decent price.

Top Bottom