• ...and so much more!
  • Glock22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Bedford
    I saw one at MC sports Saturday brand new for $525. This one had a 6'' barrel and was stainless with hogue grips.How is the accuracy of these compared to a 686?

IDCC

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 14, 2008
    Orange County
    686's generally have a better trigger but the GP-100 is heavier so it will have less muzzle rize. If Andrew is working behind the counter at MC sports while your there he can answer alot of questions. I have a old beadblasted stainless 4" GP-100 that is a tack driver when shooting it SA. I replaced the sights with a Orange ramp front and white outline rear and upgraded all the springs with Wolff gunsprings. Harders in Shoals has had new GP-100's for $469.00 recently.

andyrping

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Mar 3, 2009
    Greensburg, Pennsylvania
    I have a 6" GP100 with a trigger job and it is the most accurate handgun I have. I call it my sniper pistol. (:nuts:) $525 new is a pretty good price. AAC in Mooresville said back in January they could order one for $499, but that was in January. Bud's Gun's has them for $500 shipped, but you would still have to pay transfer fees on top of it. I would say for that price, get one and don't look back. Fine revolver that'll go for a LONG time and there will be nothing to be disappointed by.

Glock22

Sharpshooter
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    32   0   0
    Mar 22, 2009
    Bedford
    I also like the look's of the hogue grips better than the old one's.It just makes the gun look alot better.

cce1302

Master
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    Back down south
    The GP100 is a great gun. as mentioned above, a 12 dollar set of Wolff Springs and five minutes will make the trigger feel amazing.

*I like the wood inlaid grips better than the hogue. nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah.

Zeb0204

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 20, 2009
    My dad recently bought one of these for when he goes hiking in the mountains. He says its to ward off bears. He's not the most accurate with it, but i seem to hit at least near-bullseye 85% of the time. Gun accuracy=95% Person's accuracy=varies.

Lock n Load

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    146   0   0
    May 1, 2008
    FFort
    Ruger revolvers are built like tanks, the GP100 is no different.

I hunt with a .44 Redhawk and out west theres a guy that loads 300 gr. + hunting loads that he only warranties for Ruger, T/C and the custom revolvers.... not recommended for S&W revolvers due to the cylinders popping open under recoil.

Rugers are very underarted due to the Colt and S&W revolver kool-aid drinkers ... :koolaid:

My :twocents:.

Joe Williams

Shooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jun 26, 2008
    The GP100 is a great gun. as mentioned above, a 12 dollar set of Wolff Springs and five minutes will make the trigger feel amazing.

*I like the wood inlaid grips better than the hogue. nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah nyah.

Me too. IMHO, the Hogues are ugly. Worse, they don't fit my hand worth a darn.

Other than that, IMHO the GP100 is one of the best revolvers on the market.

Top Bottom