• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Saiga223

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    8   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Indianapolis
    :): I was ready to purchase one too. $29.95 is actually alot cheaper than I expected it to be. I was thinking it would be like $40 or $45. I really don't have many issues with my Butler Creek steel hot lips though.

Claddagh

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 21, 2008
    IMO, one reason it took so long for Ruger to come around on the whole "producing compact, PD-oriented handguns" and "higher capacity" magazines is the Ruger family's East Coast "Sporting Brahmin" mindset. Bill, Sr. in particular.

IIRC, he was quoted around the time of the then-being-proposed Clinton bans as saying words to the effect that "No honest man has any need to own a gun that holds more than 10 rds."

Absent the Ruger family's cultural bias, the company has become a good deal more innovative and willing to start competing areas of the firearms marketplace which had formerly been avoided or ignored.

IMHO, my stainless Mini-30 would never have come to supplant the SKS as my go-to disaster/SHTF HD/SD carbine without the advent of reliable 20 rd. mags from Ruger. No aftermarket brand I'd found, and I had tried several, would run 100% like the stock 5 rd.'er did. My first two Ruger factory 20 rd. boxes worked so flawlessly that I bought five more.

If the Ruger 25 rd. 10/22 mags prove to run as well as the Butler Creek "Steel Lips" and their price is cometitive, swell! IME, more options is usually a Good Thing.

Top Bottom