• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • mando-gunner-89

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 28, 2013
    Terre Haute
    So today I had a fun day at the range with a couple of friends and I was shooting my LC9, it all went without a hitch. I bring the guns back home and started cleaning them and when I finished cleaning the slide on the LC9 I was putting the rear sight back on and the plunger for the firing pin block got in a bind and snapped in half. I know it is a small fragile piece of metal, but I was wondering if they made a stronger one for it. I don't mind paying a little extra as long as it helps in the long run. Any feedback would be much appreciated.

hookedonjeep

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 11, 2009
    With the other Sheepdogs
    Ummmmm.... I have heard of a thorough field stripping before, but why on Earth did you remove the rear sight for cleaning? When I clean my LC9, it is a basic field strip, wipe everything down, clean the barrel and re-assemble. Sights stay on, because there should be no reason to take them off unless you are replacing or upgrading them, IMHO. My suggestion would be to call Ruger for a replacement, I am certain they would warranty such a defective piece. :twocents::ingo:

Top Bottom