0   0   0
    Apr 18, 2010
    Muncie
    Ruger LC9 Centerfire Pistol Models
    3200.jpg

:D:popcorn:
    Ruger Introduces LC9 Lightweight Compact 9mm Pistol
    January 03, 2011
    Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR), announces the LC9™, a lightweight, compact 9mm pistol for discreet carry by law abiding citizens, or a full-power, no-compromise backup for off-duty law enforcement officers. This highly requested pistol was developed through Ruger's Voice of the Customer program and incorporates the features and rugged reliability desired by Ruger customers.

The LC9 has a 3.12" barrel, is 6.0" long and 4.5" tall, making for a very compact 9mm pistol. The LC9 is impressively narrow at a mere .90" wide, and weighs only 17.1 ounces with an empty magazine. Featuring a black polymer (glass-filled nylon) frame and blued alloy steel slide and barrel, the lightweight, full-featured Ruger LC9 offers the versatility and capability of the popular 9mm cartridge in a highly compact, reliable, and user-friendly pistol.

"On the heels of the overwhelming and on-going success of the LCP®, customers repeatedly requested a lightweight, compact 9mm pistol. Frankly, they wanted an LCP chambered in 9mm" said Ruger CEO Michael Fifer. "Delivering an American-made, compact 9mm that provides the same legendary Ruger reliability as the award-winning LCP, LCR® and SR9® became our focus. Meeting customer expectations is our goal and key to Ruger's continuing success," Fifer continued.

The LC9 is a double-action-only, hammer-fired, locked-breech pistol with a smooth trigger pull. Control and confident handling of the Ruger LC9 are accomplished through reduced recoil and aggressive frame checkering for a positive grip in all conditions. The Ruger LC9 features smooth "melted" edges for ease of holstering, carrying and drawing.

One seven-round, single-column magazine is provided with each LC9 pistol. The magazine's standard flat floorplate aids concealability, while the provided finger grip extension floorplate offers an option to shooters who prefer a longer grip surface with more hand-to-pistol contact. Seven-round magazines, holsters and other accessories are available for purchase at ShopRuger.com.

The wider rear aperture of the dovetailed, low-profile, two-dot rear sight aids quick acquisition of the single-dot, dovetailed front sight. This high-visibility, three-dot sight system provides fast, positive sight alignment.

The slide locks open on an empty magazine and the external slide stop is easy to reach and manipulate for positive firearm functioning. A single-sided manual safety and a magazine disconnect are additional features of the Ruger LC9. A California-approved loaded chamber indicator allows for immediate visual and tactile confirmation that the chamber is loaded. A pivoting external extractor provides reliable extraction of the 9mm cases.

bk1330

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Nov 6, 2010
    Jeffersonville,IN
    I am dissapointed also. I wanted to see something totally new or even a 1911. But to see another kel-tec copy sucks. I guess all of the gun engineers work for kel-tec instead of Ruger,Smith & Wesson, and Colt.

dhayse32

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 21, 2009
    I actually wouldn't mind it, need to see it first. Might make a nice little pocket pistol to take hunting...tad more power than my .380

yogiboobooranger

Plinker
    Site Supporter
    Rating - 98.1%
    53   1   0
    May 16, 2008
    La Porte
    I like it..looks like the LCP but is a 9mm, pocketable as well. Prefer this to the LCP due to caliber and it will go along with my Ruger SR9C! One in the pocket and one on the side.

KillStick

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    29   0   0
    Dec 9, 2010
    Anderson
    It looks pretty good to me also. I just could never trust keltec for some reason. I would like to hold one and get to really look at it but a 1911 would have been sweet .

xdmstu

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Mar 6, 2010
    Lower NE Indy
    I like it as well... except the single-sided safety! @#$%&! What about us lefties!!!

I hope they come out with either an ambi safety or none. I would take it over a Block.:-)

Cemetery-man

Master
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    Oct 26, 2009
    Bremen
    Cool!! Maybe I'll put my LCP up for sale right now and replace it with one of these. I always wanted a 9mm LCP and there it is. My entire corral of 6 pistols and only 9mm and .45 ammo to buy, I like that idea. :)

Last edited:

maxmayhem

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    Nov 16, 2010
    Ocala, FL (for now)
    LCP

Good Decision! Sell it quick because I think the LCP is going to take a hit in value/demand since when these things are about to become available. I had a LCP and sold it but regret it every day. With this thing available I dont think I would want the LCP againwhen you can have 9mm ammo at half the price and about the same size...I will be curious about the price of the LC9 when demand is stabilized though
    Cool!! I'm putting my LCP up for sale right now and replacing it with one of these. I always wanted a 9mm LCP and there it is. My entire corral of 6 pistols and only 9mm and .45 ammo to buy, I like that idea. :)

pudly

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    35   0   0
    Nov 12, 2008
    Undisclosed
    Wow. I'm really disappointed. I'm a Ruger fan, but if it was the LC9, then I was hoping it was a true pocket pistol like the LCP. This gun has identical external dimensions, a shorter barrel, and is heavier than my Kahr CW9 which will fit in only the largest pockets. If they had made it 6+1 and Kahr PM9 dimensions for $300 less than the PM9, then they would have a true winner.

I'd say it's worth considering if you don't already have a single-stack (which are very concealable), but they aren't giving me any reason to switch. Sigh...

Mr.JAG

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    16   0   0
    Aug 26, 2010
    Indianapolis, IN
    Manual safety, internal lock, magazine disconnect. Three things a DAO SD gun does NOT need. Not bashing Ruger, I have 11.

I personally favor manual safeties, which is a big reason I picked up my sr9c. The magazine disconnect is a bummer, however, if its as easily removable like it is in the sr9c then it becomes a moot point.

Mrs. Mk2ja

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 30, 2010
    Beijing, China
    I want it.

Ruger LC9 Centerfire Pistol Models
    3200.jpg

:D:popcorn:
    Ruger Introduces LC9 Lightweight Compact 9mm Pistol
    January 03, 2011
    Sturm, Ruger & Company, Inc. (NYSE: RGR), announces the LC9™, a lightweight, compact 9mm pistol for discreet carry by law abiding citizens, or a full-power, no-compromise backup for off-duty law enforcement officers. This highly requested pistol was developed through Ruger's Voice of the Customer program and incorporates the features and rugged reliability desired by Ruger customers.

The LC9 has a 3.12" barrel, is 6.0" long and 4.5" tall, making for a very compact 9mm pistol. The LC9 is impressively narrow at a mere .90" wide, and weighs only 17.1 ounces with an empty magazine. Featuring a black polymer (glass-filled nylon) frame and blued alloy steel slide and barrel, the lightweight, full-featured Ruger LC9 offers the versatility and capability of the popular 9mm cartridge in a highly compact, reliable, and user-friendly pistol.

"On the heels of the overwhelming and on-going success of the LCP®, customers repeatedly requested a lightweight, compact 9mm pistol. Frankly, they wanted an LCP chambered in 9mm" said Ruger CEO Michael Fifer. "Delivering an American-made, compact 9mm that provides the same legendary Ruger reliability as the award-winning LCP, LCR® and SR9® became our focus. Meeting customer expectations is our goal and key to Ruger's continuing success," Fifer continued.

The LC9 is a double-action-only, hammer-fired, locked-breech pistol with a smooth trigger pull. Control and confident handling of the Ruger LC9 are accomplished through reduced recoil and aggressive frame checkering for a positive grip in all conditions. The Ruger LC9 features smooth "melted" edges for ease of holstering, carrying and drawing.

One seven-round, single-column magazine is provided with each LC9 pistol. The magazine's standard flat floorplate aids concealability, while the provided finger grip extension floorplate offers an option to shooters who prefer a longer grip surface with more hand-to-pistol contact. Seven-round magazines, holsters and other accessories are available for purchase at ShopRuger.com.

The wider rear aperture of the dovetailed, low-profile, two-dot rear sight aids quick acquisition of the single-dot, dovetailed front sight. This high-visibility, three-dot sight system provides fast, positive sight alignment.

The slide locks open on an empty magazine and the external slide stop is easy to reach and manipulate for positive firearm functioning. A single-sided manual safety and a magazine disconnect are additional features of the Ruger LC9. A California-approved loaded chamber indicator allows for immediate visual and tactile confirmation that the chamber is loaded. A pivoting external extractor provides reliable extraction of the 9mm cases.

Site Supporter

INGO Supporter

Forum statistics

Threads
    Members
    Latest member
    thatjimboguy
    Top Bottom