• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • Nsw550

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Apr 15, 2009
    Zionsville
    I anticipate that I will trade my LCP for Ruger's new LC9 after I get to see it in person. I absolutely love the LCP's demensions for pocket carry. I know the LC9 will be slightly larger but hopefully near as thin...maybe too large for pocket carry. The reason I would be willing to ditch my LCP for the LC9 is my preference of the 9mm (please don't turn this into a 9 vs .380 thread). Couple things I noticed that I do not like is that the LC9 has a manual safety and magazine safety.
    Option B....Sig's new p290

How many other people are interested in picking up one of these guys once they are available this February?

crispy

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Nov 29, 2010
    Noblesville
    That doesn't address the OP's question in any way, but thanks.

BTW, not everyone wants to spend an extra $300 that they don't have to.

Yes, I plan on giving serious consideration to the LC9, but probably next year after the initial rush.

teddy12b

Grandmaster
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    40   0   0
    Nov 25, 2008
    From what I've seen it's an improved kel-tec PF9. Given Ruger's recent history of recals with new releases I sure as heck won't buy one till they've been out for a while and the bugs have been worked out. Whenever you buy the first run of a new model you are going to find some bugs. Not trying to be pessimistic, but that's the reality of the situation. I sure hope I'm wrong.

Travis Daniel

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Apr 7, 2010
    I am interested in seeing one in person so that I can see how they actually feel in my hand. I might end up buying one to just have and maybe use as a backup, ankle, or pocket gun. Not real sure yet. I just know it is going to be hard to give my lcp up as a pocket gun because it is so easily concelable.

dondavis3

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 2, 2011
    DFW area
    I am interested in seeing one in person so that I can see how they actually feel in my hand. I might end up buying one to just have and maybe use as a backup, ankle, or pocket gun. Not real sure yet. I just know it is going to be hard to give my lcp up as a pocket gun because it is so easily concelable.

I agree the LCP is about the perfrect warm weather pocket gun I've ever owned.

:cool:

2500ekW

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    45   0   0
    Oct 17, 2010
    Zionsville
    It will definitely not replace my LCP. It will likely fit in between my two current carry guns for various clothing circumstances.....

LCP = Pocket
    LC9 = IWB
    Glock 26 = OWB

HollowPoint

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 4, 2010
    My concern is that the LC9 may be too big for inside the pocket carry (for me anyway). Looking forward to checking it out.

Top Bottom