• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • BowhuntnHoosier

Angry Old Conservative Fart
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 28, 2011
    Terre Haute
    Nice weapon but the trigger travel is just horrible to me. My son likes his and that is all that matters. Some will like it and I like some will not. But it is a solid weapon other than the trigger in my opinion.

Ahgo

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Dec 1, 2009
    New Haven, Indiana
    I got mine 2 days before Christmas and it is an awesome little gun. Great shooter. The trigger pull on mine is long, but smooth. You will want to dry fire with one to see the amount of trigger pull. For a CC gun it is excellent. I have a pocket holster which works great, and it fits in my front pocket. It's about 1/2 inch longer than an LCP. I love the gun.

Mat250

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 1, 2011
    Indianapolis
    I have had one for a couple weeks now and still love it. It has been reliable, so far, and carries very easily. The trigger is what it is, light, long and smooth. For the price they are a great buy for a cc weapon.

Larryjr

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Dec 4, 2009
    Portland, IN
    I have only heard good things about them. I don't own one but have handled and pulled the trigger a few times. The travel is long similar to a Kahr but smooth but you probably know this already if you're considering one.

Dr.Midnight

Master
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    Jul 24, 2011
    Monroe County
    I still haven't found what I would consider the "perfect" pocket carry gun for me, but this one is certainly moving in the right direction. What sold me on it was the size. It's slim and light, and conceals incredibly well in my pocket.

The one thing that simply baffles me about Ruger is how did they make the LCR, which has an outstanding trigger pull, then turn around and produce the LC9, which has a horrible trigger pull?

nucone

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 23, 2012
    Arkansas in the Ozarks
    My wife has one for her concealed carry gun (3rd one now). She complained about the weight of the other guns she carried. No complaints about the LC9 though. I must agree with the others about the trigger. Also, with the lighter weight, it has more muzzle flip than the other 9mm pistols we have shot.

wild willy

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jan 30, 2012
    I just bought one on Saturday with LaserMax for $349.00. I also just recently bought a Sig P220 to carry and found out it was Wayyyyyy too big to conceal and carry. This was my first gun at the age of 45, and let me tell you it was quite a suprise to fire that .45 Cal weapon.

Back to the LC9. I had an oppiortunity to put a couple hundred round through it yesterday and found it quite accurate and smooth. The trigger pull is very long compared to the Sig and took a little getting used to. Being that I know absolutely nothing about guns I started searching around after someone told me of a problem with the gun.

It turns out, as I searched the net, Light strikes are a very common problem with the LC9. With certain ammunition, the fireing pin will clog and the gun will not fire. Usually happens after 150/200 rounds. They recommend that you clean it out after every use. The gun is very nice and I like it. However, the build quality of the gun just seems to pale in comarison to the Sig. But, I suppose for the price, it's not all that bad. I actually went to get the LCP with would have been much easier to conceal and carry, but it just got lost in my hand and felt like a toy. Not to mention, the Ammo was almost 2 x the price. Well, this is my first post and I hope to learn a lot here fast. I need to.

Thanks,

Bill

dcolip

Plinker
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Oct 24, 2010
    Greenwood, IN.
    I purchased an LC9 at the last 1500 and found the front site was loose as soon as I got home. It is currently back at Ruger being fixed. I was on the Ruger forums and it looks like that is a common problem with the LC9. Only other complaint I have found is the long tigger pull. I have not been able to shoot mine yet. I also purchased a King Holster (slide holster) at the 1500 for it as well.

scottka

Master
    Rating - 100%
    6   0   0
    Jun 28, 2009
    SW IN
    The trigger is definitely an acquired taste. When I first got it, I was not great shot with the trigger, but with some dryfiring and live rounds, I have gotten to be very good with such a little gun. Fits in my pocket very well and hasn't failed to go bang.

rn7554

Marksman
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Jul 20, 2011
    Lafayette, IN
    I just bought one on Saturday with LaserMax for $349.00. I also just recently bought a Sig P220 to carry and found out it was Wayyyyyy too big to conceal and carry. This was my first gun at the age of 45, and let me tell you it was quite a suprise to fire that .45 Cal weapon.

Back to the LC9. I had an oppiortunity to put a couple hundred round through it yesterday and found it quite accurate and smooth. The trigger pull is very long compared to the Sig and took a little getting used to. Being that I know absolutely nothing about guns I started searching around after someone told me of a problem with the gun.

It turns out, as I searched the net, Light strikes are a very common problem with the LC9. With certain ammunition, the fireing pin will clog and the gun will not fire. Usually happens after 150/200 rounds. They recommend that you clean it out after every use. The gun is very nice and I like it. However, the build quality of the gun just seems to pale in comarison to the Sig. But, I suppose for the price, it's not all that bad. I actually went to get the LCP with would have been much easier to conceal and carry, but it just got lost in my hand and felt like a toy. Not to mention, the Ammo was almost 2 x the price. Well, this is my first post and I hope to learn a lot here fast. I need to.

Thanks,

Bill

$349 is a sweet deal, where did you get it from? I'm looking for one for my wife.

Top Bottom