• ...and so much more!
  • jb1911

Expert
    Trainer Supporter
    Rating - 100%
    22   0   0
    Nov 21, 2011
    Dyer, IN
    I have an LC9s and like the thumb safety. I didn't like the mag disconnect so I removed it. Perfect carry gun, in my opinion of course.

ChalupaCabras

Expert
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Jan 30, 2009
    LaPorte / Kingsbury
    I guess that people that aren't in the same age group are less able to do this so they like a no safety gun better. One more way that this age group has grown lazier than the one before it IMO. :twocents:

Or maybe its just one less thing to worry about, one less fine motor skill to perform under stress - especially the flush mount vestigial safeties we tend to see on compact cary guns like the LC9 / Shield.

blue2golf

Expert
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Mar 13, 2008
    Evansville
    I have an LC9s and like the thumb safety. I didn't like the mag disconnect so I removed it. Perfect carry gun, in my opinion of course.

Well said. I carry the hammer fired LC9. Don't care much for the trigger but I like the presence of a safety. Too many instances of people shooting holes in themselves when carrying.

Note: the Ruger website no longer lists the hammer fired LC9. I wouldn't mind trading in my LC9 but the resale value is basically below $200. I might as well keep carrying what I have and outright buy a LC9s at some point in the future.

looney2ns

Master
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jan 2, 2011
    Evansville, In
    I watched the Hickok45 video on the LC9s Pro today as well. Seem like a nice shooter. I would like to see the trigger improved in the the current LC9. I like the safety especially with deep pocket/winter coat carry. Have you checked out the the Ruger LC9 Gun Belt Clip | Techna Clip

The current/old LC9 has been discontinued.

Galloway Precision can help with the old model trigger.

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    It's about simply not using the thing if you don't like it rather than forcing those who do want it to do without.

THAT's what I mean about this generation. YOU want ME to conform to YOU. Forget it. Conform to yourself and do what you need to be happy and let me do it my way without having to deal with YOU making it harder to do. ALL you need do is not use the safety. If you aren't needing to play with it it is going to remain stiff and hard to engage making it UNlikely to do so on its own. That solves it/\. Sto coon-fingering the safety and it solves all of our problems.

Now if you dislike my truths, stop poking me and I will agin disappear.

The LC9Pro is gone and so is the hammered one. What you get from Ruger now and the LC9s and guess what? Iy has a safety.http://www.ruger.com/products/lc9s/models.html

nakinate

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    9   0   0
    May 1, 2013
    Noblesville
    It's about simply not using the thing if you don't like it rather than forcing those who do want it to do without.

THAT's what I mean about this generation. YOU want ME to conform to YOU. Forget it. Conform to yourself and do what you need to be happy and let me do it my way without having to deal with YOU making it harder to do. ALL you need do is not use the safety. If you aren't needing to play with it it is going to remain stiff and hard to engage making it UNlikely to do so on its own. That solves it/\. Sto coon-fingering the safety and it solves all of our problems.

The LC9Pro is gone and so is the hammered one. What you get from Ruger now and the LC9s and guess what? Iy has a safety.Ruger® LC9s® Centerfire Pistol Models
    :lmfao: you mean your opinions? BTW, I carry a Ruger with a safety. I guess, according to you, that means I'm an old guy.

NHT3

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    53   0   0

My thoughts exactly.. Why not just ignore the active safety if you like, it's pretty small and a little difficult to engage and disengage, and remove the mag disconnect. You have just built your own "pro".

[FONT=&amp]NRA Life Member[/FONT][FONT=&amp]-- [/FONT][FONT=&amp]GSSF member[/FONT]
    Ruger MK III, M&P & 1911mechanic
    NRA Basic pistol instructor[FONT=&amp] –[/FONT]Certified Glock armorer

jdmack79

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    12   0   0
    Aug 20, 2009
    Lawrence County

They are simply your opinions, not truths. You say to just not engage the safety because its "unlikely" to engage itself. I won't depend on that. What if I went to use my gun and the safety was somehow engaged?

The LC9Pro is gone and so is the hammered one. What you get from Ruger now and the LC9s and guess what? Iy has a safety.Ruger® LC9s® Centerfire Pistol Models

Uhhhh....really?

warthog

Shooter
    Rating - 100%
    66   0   0
    Feb 12, 2013
    Vigo County
    I need to empty my cache then. I, like you, make mistakes.
    I never said they were my truths. Try opinion,that is even in my signature.
    Perhaps the real thing wrong with the young is their lack of reading comprehension?

IN any case I did mistake the reading of the website. OOPs. Though I also said the hammer model is gone which seems true still at least..

Ithaca45

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Apr 8, 2014
    United States
    I've had a LC9S Pro for several weeks and really like it. I qualified with it and carry it as a back up/ off duty gun. It conceals easily and shoots great.

Top Bottom