• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • luvall

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    13   0   0
    May 13, 2008
    Noblesville
    I bought one for my son-in-law. He loves it. I'm planning to get him Crimson Trace laser sights for this Christmas.
    Just don't plan to take it to the range and shoot 100 rounds - your hands will hate you.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    I sell a lot of them, but don't recommend any pocket 380 no matter who makes them. The only pocket guns I recommend is the Berretta .32 Tomcat or a J frame. IMO!

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    Why do you say that?

I sell a lot of them, but don't recommend any pocket 380 no matter who makes them. The only pocket guns I recommend is the Berretta .32 Tomcat or a J frame. IMO!

I have a Berretta 950 I have had for years and just got the LCP for myself to carry. I much rather have a .380 vs a 32 for PP. Curious why you made that statement.

Britton

Master
    Rating - 100%
    3   0   0
    Apr 2, 2008
    Knoxville
    Curious why you made that statement.

FYI. I also have a 950 and do like it, just not enough ump for me. But had it for 30 years and will not get rid of it.

I make my money selling guns and if someone wants something I'll sell it to them. But, if they ask my opinion I'll tell them. (Maybe not the best plan if you want to sell guns, but hey, I am who I am.) My personal experience with both the LCP and the Kel-Tec 380 have not been good. I have found that J Frames always work as well as Berretta always work, so that is what I would prefer. Personally anymore the smallest gun I carry is a G36. I made a commitment about 9 months ago to carry at least a G36 or G19 and have done well except when I was on vaction in Florida and carried a J Frame .357 a few times when in swim trunks.

Like I said, IMO.

m2steven

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 1, 2009
    I shot a box and a few through my LCP this past sunday and i have a sore spot in my right palm in the exact shape of the back of the grip. The gun is semi-odd to shoot with it's thinness and long trigger pull. The little thing hurts more than my sp101 with .327 mags in it (of course - it hurt too before i got used to it :) ).

66MustangCvt

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Feb 25, 2009
    South-East Indy
    I shot a box and a few through my LCP this past sunday and i have a sore spot in my right palm in the exact shape of the back of the grip. The gun is semi-odd to shoot with it's thinness and long trigger pull. The little thing hurts more than my sp101 with .327 mags in it (of course - it hurt too before i got used to it :) ).

I'm not sure what everyone means when they say their hands hurt after firing the LCP? Mine was a little tender in the middle of my palm from gripping it tight but no more than say if I went bowling for about 5-6 games and was using a 15# bowling ball.

Also, a good site to check out for LCP info is: Elsie Pea Forum - The #1 Ruger LCP Owner Forum and Information Source

tharlow514

Marksman
    Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    May 22, 2009
    Indianapolis
    Very similar to the Kel-Tec but the LCP has a slide stop which is very nice in comparison. That said, for the price I would probably get the Kel-Tec. Some may say the quality of the Ruger is better though.

Michiana

Master
    Emeritus
    Rating - 100%
    2   0   0
    May 3, 2008
    Granger
    I think this is typical for this type of gun

I had a S&W Sigma 380 that I would get a sore hand every time I shot the darn thing. Had a S&W Model 29 44mag I shot and never bothered me one bit. The poly guns do not have the weight to absorb the recoil; it is the nature of the beast. I just got my LCP and have not shot it yet but this will be my CC gun and hopefully I will never need to shoot it that much after breaking it in. :twocents:

grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    i have 2 lcp's and a kel tec 32. i have ran over 500 rounds through my lcp and not a single jam or ftf. all different types of rounds from reloads to black talons never a problem. the rugers are much better made than the kel tecs imo. i say all ccw permit holders should have one you can carry it no matter what and a 380 is better than nothing

airmotive

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    Sep 17, 2008
    I added a slip-on Hogue rubber grip (made for the P3AT, strangely enough..it fits the LCP :-).
    This made it MUCH easier to handle for me and my big booger hooks.

Now, I can grip the gun primarily with the middle knuckle of my middle finger, which seats the grip firmly into the palm of my hand. No more hitting the mag release with my thumb or dislodging the mag with my ring finger. And no more sore palms.

Also added a belt clip (again, made for the P3AT). It just takes a wee bit of metal bending for it to fit the LCD's frame.

It's the gun I carry when I can't carry a gun.

brupert

Plinker
    Rating - 0%
    0   0   0
    May 26, 2009
    Midwest has a bunch of them in stock for the GO Event at the end of the month along with Sig 238s

PappyD

Sharpshooter
    Rating - 100%
    5   0   0
    Feb 24, 2008
    Westfield
    I really like mine, especially after I worked out a bug that has been a problem for some of the LCP's. I have a 371-xxx series pistol that was made after the first run.

I experienced some off-center primer strikes that resulted in a few failure to fires. I think I'm a pretty good problem solver too...Anyway, my experience and the solution is discussed in this link to the "elsiepeaforum".
    Check it out...Failure To Fire!!! Arrgghh!

Bottom line was 1) The LCP had a problem...2) Ruger's customer service was excellent...3) Problem was solved and the pistol is 100% (or as close as you can get) reliable.

+1 on the ability to take it with you...I'm not in law enforcement, so I choose whether or not to carry. Would I rather have my Colt Officer's Model .45 at my side? Well, sure...but I found myself not carrying, especially in summer...Now I choose otherwise...

Rating - 100%
    1   0   0
    Jul 5, 2009
    Mooresville
    I tell you what I love a small 380 to carry around when going around to the stores and what not. I dont know why people walk around with the dirty hairy guns at the store. I even once had a guy tell me that he would reather have a sharpened hatchet than anything smaller than a 45 cal. I have seen the damage evena little 22 cal can do when the shots are placed right and dont know why anyone would need anything bigger for just around town.

Top Bottom