• Share photos & video with other members
  • ...and so much more!
  • grunt soldier

Master
    Rating - 100%
    71   0   0
    May 20, 2009
    hamilton county
    The customs I have seen recently in shops have decent triggers. Not sure if they are still being made or not but they are still around for sure.

However the LCP2's trigger is amazing. Great little pistol all around. Wish they could have incorporated using the same magazines but they can be had for 23 bucks or less which is very reasonable imo. The LCP2 is heads and tails above the standard lcp and the custom if you ask me.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    the standard LCP trigger is pretty darn bad. The customs ive heard arent bad, but they arent made anymore right?

It's not the trigger pull of the LCP that stinks so bad, it's the weird double reset I don't like. It clicks about halfway through the reset and if you don't let it come all the way out you get no bang.

The LCR trigger is the same.

In honor of the thread: I bought my original LCP $213 out the door about a year ago. I recently saw one at Gander Mtn for $399.

I literally pointed at it and laughed.

MCgrease08

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    37   0   0
    Mar 14, 2013
    Earth
    Anyone seen any of the LCPs at local shops (Indy area) for the $199 price point? The two shops I've been to had them four closer to $250.

PSA has them for $169.99 until midnight tonight (12/13/17).

I'm not sure if there's a shipping charge, but if you only look at price plus transfer fee you're likely going to be under $200.

RUGER LCP .380 ACP 6RD PISTOL- 3701

VERT

Grandmaster
    Rating - 100%
    23   0   0
    Jan 4, 2009
    Seymour
    PSA has them for $169.99 until midnight tonight (12/13/17).

I'm not sure if there's a shipping charge, but if you only look at price plus transfer fee you're likely going to be under $200.

RUGER LCP .380 ACP 6RD PISTOL- 3701

Correct PSA and some other online retailers are selling these for $169 - $189. Figure approximately $35 - $45 for Shipping and transfer. As far as I know Ruger is still making the original LCP and availability is still good. The new ones should come with 1 magazine, pinky extension and a pocket holster.

Local gun store in Seymour keeps both the original LCP and LCP II in stock for just a few $$$ more then what it would cost online and if you twist the owners arm he has been know to throw in a box of ammo. I have handled and shoot a lot of little .380s. Hands down the top of the heap IMO is the Glock 42, but those are nearly twice the price. Second choice would be the original LCP. For all the faults of the LCP it serves the role of a pocket gun pretty well. The gun is slim, light, doesn't snag in the pocket and for what it is acceptably reliable with ball and Hornady critical defense ammo.

w_ADAM_d88

Master
    Rating - 100%
    30   0   0
    Apr 10, 2009
    Greenfield
    Local shop had one of the newer ones that came with the pocket holster for $235. After some negotiating he came down to $209 and 2 free hours of range time, also knocked $5 of a box of Federal ball ammo.

Top Bottom